|Jennifer Tilly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1958|
Jennifer Tilly is an American-Canadian actress, poker player, and voice actress, best known for playing Tiffany in the Child’s Play movie franchise, consisting of movies Bride of Chucky (1998), Seed of Chucky (2004), Curse of Chucky (2013), and Cult of Chucky (2017), as well as an Oscar-nominated acting performance of the character Olive Neal in Bullets Over Broadway (1994) alongside John Cusack. Jennifer also appeared in movies such as The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989), The Getaway (1994), Bound (1996), Liar Liar (1997), a comedy also starring Jim Carrey, as well as Music from Another Room (1998), Bart Got a Room (2008), 30 Beats (2012), Return to Babylon (2013), Ray Meets Helen (2017), and Walk to Vegas (2019).
As a voice actress, she had a semi-recurrent role of Bonnie Swanson, a neighbor of the Griffin family, in the animated series Family Guy since its air date in 1999, and borrowed her voice to characters in movies such as Stuart Little (1999), Monsters, Inc. (2001), The Haunted Mansion (2003), and Home on the Range (2004), as well as the animated children series Hey Arnold! in 2000. In addition to an active acting career, Jennifer became interested in poker in the early 2010s and was the 1st celebrity to win the World Series of Poker bracelet in an open competition on June 27, 2005, after which she competing until 2008 when she announced she would retire from poker. However, she came back to playing poker in January 2010, and as of June 2017, her live tournament winnings were nearly $1 million.
Jennifer Ellen Chan
Jenny, The Unabombshell, J Tilla the Killa
Harbor City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jennifer Tilly attended and later graduated from Belmont High School in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Jennifer then enrolled in Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri, United States, and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in performing arts.
Actress, Poker Player, Voice Actress
- Father – Harry Chan (Used Cars Salesman)
- Mother – Patricia née Tilly (Schoolteacher, Stage Actress)
- Siblings – Steve Tilly (Older Brother) (Actor), Meg Tilly (Younger Sister) (Actress, Screenwriter), Rebecca Tilly (Younger Sister) (Post-Impressionist Painter)
- Others – William Joseph Firth (Nephew) (Actor)
Jennifer Tilly is represented by –
- Abrams Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York, New York, United States
- Barking Dog Entertainment (Manager) in New York, New York, United States
- Tisherman Gilbert Motley Drozdoski Talent Agency (TGMD) (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- 42West (Publicist) in New York, New York, United States
- Peikoff Mahan Law Office (Legal Representative) in New York, New York, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Tilly has dated –
- Sam Simon (1983-1991) – In 1983, she began dating the well know producer and co-creator of The Simpsons, a well known animated TV series that started airing in 1989. The pair got married in October 1984, but unfortunately divorced 7 years later, in 1991. Sam was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2012, and despite being divorced for a long time, Jennifer took 1 day of every week to spend with him and even followed him to chemotherapy treatments as much as she could. Sam died in 2015, and she posted a heartfelt message on the date he died every year since then.
- Lou Diamond Phillips (1990-1994) – Jennifer was in a long-term relationship with Filipino actor Lou Diamond Phillips that lasted from November 1990 to January 1994.
- Dennis Kucinich (2004) – It was rumored that she had a brief encounter with the politician, Dennis Kucinich in February 2004.
- Phil Laak (2004-Present) – She met Phil, a professional poker player who was known under the name “The Unabomber” at the charity WPT Invitational tournament at the Commerce Casino in Commerce, Los Angeles, California. He encouraged her to try her hand at playing poker, which is what got her started as a professional, even though she was interested in the activity for a long time.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
Jennifer Tilly is of Chinese descent on her paternal, and of Irish, Finish, and First Nations descent on her maternal side.
She often dyes her hair ‘Dark Brown’ or ‘Ombre’ with ‘Light Brown’ hair ends.
- Curvaceous figure
- Prominent cheekbones
- Bright white teeth
- Distinctive little girl voice
Jennifer Tilly hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Starring as Violet in Bound (1996)
- Having the role of Tiffany in Bride of Chucky (1998), Seed of Chucky (2004), Curse of Chucky (2013), and Cult of Chucky (2017)
- Playing the character of Samantha Cole in Liar Liar (1997)
- Starring in movies Deal (2008), Inconceivable (2008), The Making of Plus One (2010), and Return to Babylon (2013)
- Winning a World Series of Poker bracelet on June 27, 2005
As a Singer
Jennifer Tilly made her debut performance by singing a song Am I Blue? in an episode Davenport in a Storm of the Hill Street Blues series in 1985. 4 years later, she sang The Candy Man in the musical comedy The Fabulous Baker Boys in 1989. Jennifer was also credited as a performer of movie songs (Chicago Is) My Kind of Town in Bound (1996) and Hunky Daddy in Happy End (2003). In 2010, she sang All I Really Want For Christmas in an episode Road to the North Pole of the animated TV series Family Guy.
First TV Show
Jennifer Tilly made her first TV show appearance as Laurie in an episode titled Madeline Acts Forward at the Retreat of the comedy series Oh Madeline in 1983.
Jennifer hasn’t shared any information about her workout routine with her followers but has shared a lot about her diet. She is no stranger to tempting drinks and food, such as drinking white or red wine, eating candies in different flavors, as well as cakes, but emphasizes it should be done in moderation.
Jennifer Tilly Favorite Things
- Interest – Poker, Acting, Switching Voices, Posing, Fashion
- Activity – Reading, Taking Selfies
- Object – Egyptian Jewelry
- Drink – Wine, Ritz Cocktail, Pina Colada
- Animals – Cat, Deer, Seahorse
- Insect – Butterfly
- Flower – Red Roses, Orange Flowers
- Place – Arizona Inn in Tucson, Arizona, United States, Beaches
- Weather – Rainy
Jennifer Tilly Facts
- She was born in Harbor City, Los Angeles, California, United States, but was raised in Texada Island, British Columbia, Canada, because her mom re-married.
- Her parents got divorced in 1963 when she was 3 years old.
- Her surname was originally Chan, but her mother changed it to Tilly after the divorce, and told Jennifer to keep the Chinese part of ancestry a secret, as other people would forbid their children to play with her. When she grew up, Jennifer found out that people couldn’t care less, and proudly acknowledged her roots.
- She had a cat named Corky.
- At one point, she had 400 pairs of shoes.
- She and her younger sisters Rebecca and Meg were called the Three Musketeers while they were in high school, because they were always together, just like a popular trio in the 1844 novel and many well-known movies.
- Jennifer was ranked 23rd out of “25 Sexiest Women of 1995”, a list published by Celebrity Sleuth magazine.
- In 2005, she became the 1st celebrity to win an open poker tournament at the Ladies-Only No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em event and had to beat 600 other women for the title.
- She wore the same exact wig in the movie Bullets Over Broadway (1994) directed by Woody Allen, and in Return to Babylon (2013).
- Jennifer said that she had a very hard time filming Liar Liar (1997) because Jim Carrey was hilarious, and a true master of comedy.
- She was accused of having breast implants due to her curvaceous figure but claimed they were natural.
- Jennifer said that neither she, nor her sister Meg Tilly, had any connections when they came to Los Angeles, California, and managed to become successful actresses because they were very determined to follow their childhood dreams.
- She never liked the fake Hollywood familiarity between celebrities and thought it was a phony connection between people.
- Jennifer had a small role of Fran Carvey in The Getaway (1994) alongside Alec Baldwin, Kim Basinger, and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- She was awarded Theater World Award for “Most Promising Newcomer” for the play One Shoe Off, which was an off-Broadway play.
- In 1997, Jennifer was nominated for the MTV Movie Award for Bound (1996), in the category “Best Kiss”, shared with Gina Gershon, as they played lesbian characters in the movie.
- She co-starred with Ty Burrell, Henry Winkler, and Stockard Channing in a comedy TV series Out of Practice in 2005 and 2006. The series was canceled in May 2006, and Jennifer decided to dedicate her time to playing poker professionally.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jennifer Tilly / Instagram