|Jessalyn Gilsig Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1971|
Jessalyn Gilsig is a Canadian actress, voiceover artist, and producer whose acting career started at the age of 12 when she did a voice work part for a National Film Board of Canada production titled Masquerade. She is best known for playing Siggy Haraldson in Vikings, Lauren Davis in Boston Public, Gina Russo in Nip/Tuck, Terri Schuester in Glee, Holly in Big Shot, Vanessa Moss in Scandal, and Meredith Gordon in Heroes.
Jessalyn Sarah Gilsig
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Jessalyn Gilsig got enrolled at McGill University in Montreal in 1989 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1993. She then attended Harvard University‘s Institute for Advanced Theater Training and studied acting.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Toby Gilsig (Engineer)
- Mother – Claire Gilsig (Writer, Translator)
- Sibling – Deborah (Sister)
Jessalyn Gilsig has been signed with Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessalyn Gilsig has dated –
- Bobby Salomon – She went out with her future husband Bobby Salomon as a high school student for a short duration. At that time, he was the football team quarterback whom she described as a “cool guy” and he was also her prom date in high school. In 2002, film and television producer Bobby Salomon relocated to Hollywood and the duo started dating again. On January 1, 2005, they got married in a traditional Jewish wedding and were then blessed with a daughter named Penelope Salomon who was born on September 26, 2006. However, Gilsig and Bobby separated in 2009 and she filed for divorce on September 8, 2010, citing irreconcilable differences.
Race / Ethnicity
Jessalyn Gilsig has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her father’s side and is of English descent on her mother’s side.
- Lean frame
- Sparkling eyes
Jessalyn Gilsig Facts
- Her name is a Gaelic variation of “Jocelyn”.
- From 1991 to 1992, Jessalyn Gilsig voiced the character of Gertrude of Griswald in the animated adventure series, Young Robin Hood.
- As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to Kayley, a young woman who wants to be a knight and saves Camelot, in the 1998 American animated musical fantasy film, Quest for Camelot (released in the United Kingdom as The Magic Sword: Quest for Camelot).
- Jessalyn became an American citizen in 2013.
- She appeared as Siggy, Earl Haraldson’s wife and later the lover of Rollo, in the historical fantasy drama television series, Vikings, between 2013 and 2015. For this role, Jessalyn Gilsig was nominated for a Golden Maple Award for “Best Actress in a TV series broadcast in the U.S.” in 2015.
- She was cast as Andrea Archer in the 2020 American comedy horror film, Spree, starring Joe Keery, Sasheer Zamata, Mischa Barton, John DeLuca, Lala Kent, Frankie Grande, Kyle Mooney, David Arquette.
- As a producer, Gilsig has worked on projects like Somewhere Slow and Cognitive.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY 2.0