|Jessica Origliasso Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1984|
Jessica Origliasso is an Australian singer, songwriter, actor, fashion designer, and producer who is one-half of the pop band The Veronicas, alongside her twin sister Lisa Origliasso. The band was formed in 2004 and has released various albums and tracks like The Secret Life of…, This Love, Hook Me Up, Godzilla, Human, The Veronicas, When It All Falls Apart, Revolution, Everything I’m Not, Untouched, Leave Me Alone, Take Me on the Floor, Popular, Cruel, You Ruin Me, Lolita, If You Love Someone, Chains (with Tina Arena and Jessica Mauboy), On Your Side, The Only High, In My Blood, Biting My Tongue, Life of the Party (ft. Allday), Sugar Daddy, and Goodbye. In addition to that, Jessica Origliasso is also known for playing the character of Emerald Buxton in the sci-fi fantasy show Cybergirl.
Jessica Louise Origliasso
Jess, Jeh, Choogie, Jessie
Albany Creek, Queensland, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jessica Origliasso went to the Ferny Grove State High School in Brisbane’s suburb of Ferny Grove. She later got enrolled at the Wavell State High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Fashion Designer, Producer
- Father – Joseph Origliasso
- Mother – Colleen Origliasso
- Siblings – Lisa Origliasso (Younger Twin-Sister) (Singer, songwriter, actor, and fashion designer), Julian Origliasso (Older Brother) (Music manager of the band The Veronicas)
Jessica’s music duo The Veronicas has been managed by her brother Julian Origliasso.
Electro-rock, pop-punk, pop-rock
Sony Music Australia, Sire, Warner Bros. Records
Her net worth had been $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Jessica Origliasso has dated –
- Ryan Cabrera (2005-2006) – Jessica started going out with American singer and songwriter Ryan Cabrera in 2005. They appeared together at a number of public functions and even performed together at a couple of events. In May 2006, they were reported to be heading in separate directions after he was spotted getting cozy with Lisa Marie Presley’s daughter Riley Keough in Disneyland. It surely came as a surprise because Jessica and Ryan looked loved up at the MTV awards after-party in April. In June, she confirmed that they had broken up in an interview with The Courier Mail. She also confirmed that Ryan won’t be joining The Veronicas on the Revolution Tour in Australia. She even wrote a song about their relationship, Revenge is Sweeter (Than You Ever Were). In her interview with Herald Sun, she confirmed that the song was about an idiot she had dated overseas.
- Azaria Byrne (2006-2009) – By all accounts, Jessica’s relationship with musician Azaria Byrne, who was the lead singer of Sydney indie rock band, The Follow, was of a slight on and off nature. In 2007, he stuck by her side, when her n*de and p#@nographic pictures were leaked online. However, there was a minor blip in their relationship in 2008, when Jessica started going out with model Ruby Rose. By August 2008, they had gotten back together as they were pictured partying with US gossip blogger Perez Hilton at the Las Vegas club Tao. In the early months of 2009, they toured the US together as his indie band supported The Veronicas at their live shows. However, in October 2009, it was revealed that they had mutually decided to part ways. It was reported that they still had a great bond but didn’t feel as strongly in love as before.
- Billy Corgan (2010-2012) – Jessica began going out with singer and songwriter Billy Corgan, who is the frontman of the rock band Smashing Pumpkins, in 2010. They had met at a songwriting session and hit it off instantly. It was claimed that Jessica had served as an inspiration for most of Smashing Pumpkins’ album, Oceania. Additionally, Billy had made contributions to the new The Veronicas album, Life on Mars. In June 2012, she took to Twitter to reveal that they had decided to break up.
- Josh Katz (2014-2016) – Towards the end of 2014, Jessica started going out with photographer and YouTuber Josh Katz. Their relationship lasted for about two years and came to an end after she rekindled her romance with Ruby Rose.
- Ruby Rose (2008 and 2016-2018) – Jessica first dated actor and model Ruby Rose in 2008. Their relationship didn’t last much longer at that time. However, they got back together towards the end of 2016. They had rekindled their romance after re-discovering the spark between them while working on The Veronicas’ music video On Your Side. They made their relationship public by sharing a couple of pictures on their respective social media accounts. In August, they went on a romantic trip to Shanghai, China. However, following their trip to the Jade Buddha Temple in China, Ruby took an unexpected step as in September, she deleted all of their pictures that were posted over the last 10 months. Their last image together dated back to November 2016. To add to the confusion, they were spotted together on the red carpet at the Australian Emmy nominees’ sunset reception on September 17, 2017. This on-again-off-again relationship finally ended in March 2018 which was revealed by Ruby on April 1, 2018, via Instagram.
- Kai Carlton (2018-2020) – She started going out with musician Kai Carlton in 2018 and they eventually got engaged in October 2019. However, the relationship did not work out and they parted ways the following year.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Italian descent. While on her mother’s side, she has Australian ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Elongated chin
34-24-36 in or 86-61-91 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Jessica Origliasso has done endorsement work for the following brands
- Calvin Klein
- Estée Lauder
As a part of the band, The Veronicas, Jessica has done endorsement work for the following brands
- Calvin Klein (Choice range) (2005)
- Flirt!, which is a cosmetic division of Estée Lauder
- Rock-n-Rebel fragrance
Best Known For
- Being one half of the pop duo The Veronicas. The Australian pop duo has released several successful studio albums, which have topped music charts and have been platinum-certified as well.
- Having played the role of Emerald Buxton in the Australian children’s TV series, Cybergirl
In 2005, her music band The Veronicas released their debut studio album, The Secret Life Of…, which managed to reach the #2 spot on the Australian music charts. The album was also certified 4x platinum.
First TV Show
In 2001, she made her first TV show appearance in the family fantasy TV series, Cybergirl.
Jessica has her consistent and disciplined workout regime to thank for her toned body. She regularly works out in the gym. In case, she is too busy to hit the gym, she doesn’t mind squeezing in a short and intense workout in her bedroom or hotel room itself. She has also taken to training in the Israeli martial arts, Krav Maga.
When it comes to her diet, she follows a vegan diet, which has helped her maintain her remarkably slim body, leading to concerns about her being too thin. She has maintained that her vegan diet has, in fact, made her strong. She also makes sure that she eats a lot of good fat food sources such as olive oil, avocado, hemp seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Plus, she consumes a generous amount of healthy carbs.
Jessica Origliasso Facts
- Jessica and her sister Lisa started performing at the age of 5. They used to perform at local events and award shows under the name of Origliasso Twins.
- In their teen years, they changed their band’s name to Lisa & Jessica. They even released a couple of studio albums under that name.
- In 2003, Jessica and her sister roped in two of their friends to form a new band, Teal. Soon after, their band released their single, Baby It’s Over.
- In 2004, Jessica and Lisa were signed up as songwriters with Excalibur Productions Australia after having impressed music executive Hayden Bell with their demo tracks.
- After they were signed up by the independent record label Engine Room Recordings, they traveled all over the world, writing and recording demos with other songwriters.
- When Jessica and her sister signed a record deal worth $2 million with Sire Records, which is a subsidiary of Warner Musi, they decided to call themselves The Veronicas, which was inspired by a line in the film Heathers (1988).
- The owner of Archie Comics filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against them as they argued that the band name was inspired by the comic character Veronica Lodge. They eventually reached a settlement, which saw the twin sisters being featured in the comics.
- Along with her sister, Jessica started working with Steve Irwin‘s Wildlife Warriors Worldwide in 2006. The charity works to conserve natural habitats and protect animals.
- In January 2009, she posed wearing nothing except a faux fur jacket for a photoshoot conducted by the animal rights group, PETA. The photoshoot aimed to hammer an anti-fur message.
- In recognition of their work in raising awareness about animal protection and conservation, Jessica and her sister were declared Wildlife Warriors of 2010.
- She was an active participant in the Wear it with Pride campaign that aimed to bring reformation of the same-sex laws in Australia and overturn discrimination faced by same-sex couples.
- In August 2007, her music group released their exclusive fashion range at the Target Miranda store. The products from their range were sold all over Australia.
- On June 25, 2021, The Veronicas released its 5th studio album Human and it includes songs like Without You, LA, Biting My Tongue, Human, Jealous, and Think of Me. The album peaked at number #5 on the Australian Albums (ARIA) chart.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0