|John Bonham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1948|
|Date of Death||September 25, 1980|
John Bonham was an English musician and songwriter who is considered as one of the most influential rock drummers of all time for his work with Led Zeppelin (1968-1980).
John Henry Bonham
Bonzo, The Beast
John was born on May 31, 1948.
He passed away on September 25, 1980, in Berkshire, England following a day of excessive binge drinking that led him to asphyxiate on his own vomit. He was 32 years old at that time.
Redditch, Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom
- Father – Jack Bonham
- Mother – Joan Bonham
- Siblings – Mick Bonham (Younger Brother) (Disc Jockey, Author, Photographer), Deborah Bonham (Younger Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician)
Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
- Atlantic Records
- Swan Song Records
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John had dated –
- Josette Caruso
- Pat Phillips (1965-1980) – John was married to Pat Phillips for 12 years from 1968 until his death in 1980. He was the father of son Jason Bonham (b. July 15, 1966) and daughter Zoë Bonham (b. June 10, 1975).
- Connie Hamzy
Race / Ethnicity
Always sported facial hair like a mustache
John Bonham Facts
- He taught himself to play the drums at the young age of 5.
- John has been praised as the greatest rock drummer that ever lived by the likes of Dave Grohl, Charlie Watts, Roger Taylor, etc.
- His signature symbol was 3 interlocking circles which represented the triad of father, mother, and child.
- After John’s untimely passing in 1980, Led Zeppelin decided to disband altogether.
- He was inspired by jazz drummers like Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, and Joe Morello.
- Members of Led Zeppelin reunited for a 2007 concert wherein Jason Bonham took his father’s place behind the drum kit.
Featured Image by Led Zeppelin Photos & Videos / Facebook