Jordan Taylor Clarkson
Tampa, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jordan Clarkson went to the Karen Wagner High School in San Antonio. While studying in high school, he signed National Letter of Intent with the University of Tulsa in November 2009.
In 2010, he started studying at the University of Tulsa. In May 2012, he decided to move to the University of Missouri. He redshirted his junior year and declared himself eligible for the NBA draft in March 2014, in process foregoing his final year college eligibility.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Mike Clarkson (Human resource manager for the Air Force Personnel Center)
- Mother – Annette Davis
- Siblings – Julian Clarkson (Younger Brother) (Harris-Stowe State University Alumnus)
- Others – Marcelina Tullao (Maternal Grandmother)
Jordan Clarkson is represented by Jeff Austin and Chris Emens of Octagon Sports Agency.
He was earlier represented by Excel Sports Management.
Shooting Guard, Point Guard
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordan Clarkson has dated –
- Chanel Iman (2015) – Jordan Clarkson was linked by American tabloids with supermodel Chanel Iman after they were pictured together at the DBA nightclub in Los Angeles in May 2015. They were also spotted holding hands while on their way out of the LA hotspot. She was also spotted at the Los Angeles Laker games later and they were active on the social media as well.
- Chantel Jeffries (2016) – Clarkson was rumored to be going out with model Chantel Jeffries in February 2016. They were reportedly first spotted together in Toronto at All-Star weekend basketball event. Chantel accompanied him at the event held at Air Canada Centre on Saturday. A day earlier, they were pictured sneaking in Thompson Hotel.
- Kendall Jenner (2016-2017) – Jordan was first linked with model and television personality Kendall Jenner in March 2016. They were pictured together at the West Hollywood hot spot The Nice Guy. They had arrived together in the Uber SUV and were seen laughing and fooling around in the backseat of the car. After that, they were pictured together at many occasions, including on a shopping trip in December 2016. They were even pictured kissing on New Year’s Eve. Their relationship waned in the early months of 2017. However, they have remained on good terms and were pictured on a night out in August 2017.
- Bella Thorne (2017) – According to rumors, Jordan was going out with TV actress Bella Thorne in 2017. These relationship rumors stemmed from their wild day at the Six Flags Magic Mountain, a theme park in Los Angeles. They were pictured having a great time on the roller coasters. They were also spotted playing carnival games.
- Hailey Baldwin (2017) – In April 2017, model Hailey Baldwin and Jordan were rumored to have hooked up with each other.
- Bella Hadid (2018) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he is of African American descent. Whereas, on his mother’s side, he has Filipino ancestry.
- Tall height
- Athletic and lanky body
- Neatly trimmed hairdo
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Jordan Clarkson has appeared in a TV commercial for the Philippines based telecommunications brand, Smart Bro.
Best Known For
Being a star player for the Los Angeles Lakers. In his very first season with the franchise, he was included in the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
First Basketball Match
He made his professional NBA debut for Los Angeles Lakers in the 2014-15 season.
First TV Show
In July 2014, he made his first TV show appearance in the news sports show, Access Sportsnet: Los Angeles.
In the summer of 2015, Jordan worked with Lakers trainer Tim DiFrancesco to add muscles to his lean body. The team management wanted him to buff up so that he could deal with point guards in a better way.
DiFrancesco had him lifting lots of weight so that he could gain muscle quickly. They also got him performing a lot of sets and reps for the optimum results. The added benefit of him doing summer workout was that it made him a lot more explosive and fast on the court.
Jordan Clarkson Favorite Things
- Boxer – Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Basketball Players – Lou Williams and Shaquille O’Neal
- Menswear Brand – Saint Laurent, Fear of God, Neil Barrett, Supreme, and Gucci
- NBA City to Shop – New York City
- Los Angeles Shopping Stores – Maxfield’s and Barneys
- Footwear – White low-top Saint Laurent sneakers, Vans Sneakers, Nike Cortez and the Jordan V’s with the all-black suede and metallic tongue
Jordan Clarkson Facts
- In the 2014 NBA draft, Clarkson was picked as the 46th overall pick by Washington Wizards. Wizards traded him to Los Angeles Lakers on draft night.
- In July 2016, he was re-signed by Los Angeles Lakers on a $50 million contract that was spread over 4 years.
- He was named by his parents after the NBA legend Michael Jordan.
- He is a late bloomer and started playing for his school team in 7th or 8th grade. Until then, he mostly used to play on the streets and church league.
- Jordan has done activism work for Rochester’s Sandra J. Schulze American Cancer Society Hope Lodge and also assisted in raising funds for the improvement of facilities. His father received cancer treatment at the lodge.
- In his freshman year at the University of Tulsa, he was included in the Conference USA Freshman of the Week on 4 occasions. He was also included in 2011 Conference USA All-Freshman team.
- He had to sit out of the 2012-13 season of college football due to the NCAA transfer rules, which came into effect after his transfer from the University of Tulsa to the University of Missouri.
- He has established JC Cares Foundation for philanthropic purposes. And, through his foundation, he has launched projects to assist low-income sector of societies. They also work with cancer foundations and charities.
- He has held basketball training camps in the Philippines and other Asian countries including Indonesia and China. He has also collaborated with Nike and NBA Cares for basketball camps in the Philippines.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0