|Juhi Babbar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Juhi Babbar is an Indian actor, theatre artist, director, and television personality who is the daughter of the famous Bollywood actor Raj Babbar. Juhi has been cast in several shows and movies such as Kash Aap Hamare Hote, Ghar Ki Baat Hai, Yaaran Naal Baharan, Unns: Love… Forever, Faraaz, Reflections, It’s My Life, and Aiyaary.
Juhi Babbar Soni
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Actor, Theatre Artist, Director, Television Personality
- Father – Raj Babbar (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Nadira Babbar (Actor, Theatre Artist, Director)
- Siblings – Aarya Babbar (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Prateik Babbar (Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor), Kushal Kumar Babbar (Paternal Grandfather), Shobha Babbar (Paternal Grandmother), Syed Sajjad Zaheer (November 5, 1899- September 13, 1973) (Maternal Grandfather) (Urdu Writer, Marxist Ideologue, Radical Revolutionary), Razia Sajjad Zaheer (October 15, 1918 – December 18, 1979) (Maternal Grandmother) (Urdu Writer, Translator, Prominent Member of the Progressive Writers Association), Kishan Babbar (Paternal Uncle) (Producer), Vinod Babbar (Paternal Uncle) (Producer) (Died in 2001), Kajri Babbar (Cousin) (Filmmaker, Theatre Artist), Prabhash (Cousin), Purva (Cousin), Sweta (Cousin)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Juhi Babbar has dated –
- Bejoy Nambiar (2007-2009) – She got married to her first husband Bejoy Nambiar, a director and screenwriter, on June 27, 2007, but the couple eventually got divorced in January 2009.
- Anup Soni (2011-Present) – Juhi Babbar met actor and anchor Anup Soni while they were working on a play produced by Juhi’s mother Nadira Babbar and the duo fell in love. Anup was already married to Ritu at that time and the couple had 2 daughters together. After Anup and Ritu divorced, Anup tied the knot with Juhi on March 14, 2011, and they have been blessed with a son named Imaan (b. 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Juhi Babbar is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side.
Juhi Babbar Facts
- She made her first film appearance by playing the role of Amrita Raj Mankotia in the 2003 drama film Kash Aap Hamare Hote. She co-starred in the film alongside Sonu Nigam.
- She co-starred as Harman Kaur in the 2005 Punjabi feature film Yaaran Naal Baharan.
- In 2009, Juhi Babbar appeared as Radhika Yagnik in the Hindi television sitcom Ghar Ki Baat Hai.
- Her theatre credits include having been cast as Granddaughter in a production of Begum Jaan at Prithvi Theatre and as MF Hussain’s wife in a production of Pencil Se Brush Tak in 2012.
- She was cast as the wife of Colonel Abhay Singh in the 2018 Hindi-language action thriller film Aiyaary, starring Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bajpayee, Rakul Preet Singh, Pooja Chopra, Adil Hussain, Kumud Mishra, Naseeruddin Shah, and Anupam Kher.
- Alongside Aamir Ali, Aditya Rawal, Zahan Kapoor, Jatin Sarin, Pallak Lalwani, and Reshham Sahaani, Juhi Babbar co-starred as Simeen (Faraaz’s mother) in the 2022 Hindi-language action thriller film Faraaz. Anuj Kumar writing in The Hindu praised the performances of Juhi Babbar writing, “Juhi brings out the guts and grace of the character with a deft performance”.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0