|Jule Niemeier Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|August 12, 1999
Jule Niemeier is a German professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 94 in singles in May 2022 and world number 675 in doubles in December 2018, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships and the 4th round of the 2022 US Open. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the 2nd round of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships. As of September 2022, on the WTA Tour, she had won a solitary singles title – the Makarska International Championship (WTA 125) in June 2022. As of September 2022, she had won 4 singles titles on the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s World Tennis Tour which serves as a developmental circuit for the WTA Tour, the worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women.
Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent.
- Toned physique
- Wears her hair in a single pigtail while playing
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
- Has multiple tattoos on her left arm
She has been sponsored by –
- Lotto Sport Italia (Italian sports equipment manufacturer)
- Head Sport GmbH (American-Austrian sports equipment manufacturing company)
Jule Niemeier Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Forehand
- Tennis Surface – Clay
- Tennis Role Model/Inspiration – Rafael Nadal
- Sports – Tennis, Soccer
- Soccer Club/Team – Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e. V. Dortmund (aka Borussia Dortmund)
- Hobby – Watching Movies
Source – WTA Tennis
Jule Niemeier Facts
- Jule first came into the spotlight in May 2021 when she reached the semi-final of the Internationaux de Strasbourg as a qualifier, losing to the eventual champion Barbora Krejčíková. In July 2021, she reached the semi-final of the Hamburg European Open as a wildcard. Consequently, she broke into the ‘Top 150’ of the official WTA singles rankings for the first time in her career.
- She made her main-draw debut at a Grand Slam (Australian Open/ French Open/ Wimbledon Championships/ US Open) tournament at the 2022 French Open but lost in the first round.
- In July 2022, in her main draw debut at the Wimbledon Championships, she reached the quarter-final of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time in her career. Her 6–4, 6–0 victory over Anett Kontaveit (then ranked number 3 in the world) in the 2nd round of the tournament was her first win against a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official WTA singles rankings.
- In September 2022, in her main draw debut at the US Open, she reached the 4th round by defeating Sofia Kenin, Yulia Putintseva, and Qinwen Zheng, all in straight sets. In the 4th round, she lost to then world number 1 Iga Świątek despite winning the first set.
- She is a part of the Porsche (German automobile manufacturer) Talent Team of the DTB (Deutscher Tennis Bund), the governing body of tennis federations and clubs in Germany. She trains at DTB‘s training center in Regensburg.
Featured Image by Jule Niemeier / Instagram