|Katie Betzing Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1997|
Katie Betzing is an American social media star, best known for her YouTube channel which was created on December 30, 2012, under the name Beauty Guru Girl10, which she later changed to reflect her real name. Self-admittedly, she wasn’t too good in cosmetics and makeup but decided to try it out, as well as focus on DIY projects, fashion, hair care, and discussion videos. Her 1st video was simply titled “My First YouTube Video!” in which she made a DIY tutorial on how to turn usual shoes to so-called “galaxy” shoes. According to her, the channel blew up in popularity when she started uploading comedy skits, challenges, and “relatable videos,” and Katie then continued with vlogs, skincare routines, and fitness advice.
To draw an even bigger audience, she expanded to traveling diaries, pranks, how-to videos, and presented creative ideas for home design, technology, and real-life situations. On November 28, 2016, her channel reached a milestone of 500k subscribers, and 2 years later, on November 9, 2018, her subscriber count was at 1 million. Apart from more than 1 million subscribers and more than 85 million views on YouTube, Katie Betzing has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Katie McKinley Betzing
Kat, Little Man Tate
Romeo, Michigan, United States
Michigan, United States
Katie Betzing attended Romeo High School in Romeo, Michigan, United States, and was a 3-time class president during her time there. Her GPA in high school was 3.3.
She then enrolled in a community college in the Michigan, United States area, but only stayed there for a year and a half. Katie then studied advertising at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.
Social Media Star
- Father – Doug Betzing (History Teacher)
- Mother – Karen Betzing (Soccer Coach)
- Siblings – Elizabeth “Biz” Reagan Betzing (Older Sister) (Model)
- Others – Landen Betzing (Cousin), Jasmine (Older Step-Sister), Andrew (Older Step-Brother)
Katie Betzing self-manages her career.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Betzing has dated –
- Logan (2014-2015) – She was in a relationship with Logan for a year and a half before posting a video titled “We Broke Up!” on August 29, 2015. Katie added that he was actually her 1st boyfriend and that her parents finally allowed her to date because she was older than 16. She cited that after the break-up, she felt much happier, and had more time for self-improvement, and what she described as “#singlelife.”
- Josh Brueckner (2018-Present) – In 2018, about 2 weeks after Katie discovered her love for boxing as a workout, she looked online for a personal trainer. After she found a class nearby, it was Josh who trained her. She thought he was cute from the get-go and fell in love instantly, claiming she had no problems telling everyone in her vicinity that how infatuated she was. The very next day, Katie brought a boomerang to the gym with her, which then led to interesting conversations over direct messages after Josh contacted her. The date for the 4th of July, and then them getting officially together followed quickly. As a couple, they also went to concerts of artists such as Luke Bryan, Drake, Lil Uzi Vert, Keith Urban, and their favorite, Post Malone, which only brought them closer together. In August 2018, they said “I love you” to each other for the 1st time. Not too long after that, Katie transformed her old Katie Betzing Vlogs channel to Jatie Vlogs or J80 Vlogs, which took off quickly and amassed more than 600k subscribers and more than 57 million views. They filmed pranks, challenges, and discussions, which only attracted a bigger crowd to her personal channel. Furthermore, when her audience assumed that she and Josh were always fun and goofy and never fought, Katie confirmed it, saying they were perfect for each other. In late January 2019, Katie revealed that she does plan to get married to Josh at some point, probably in her late 20s, and plans to have 2 kids.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’, ‘Dark Brown’, and ‘Light Brown’ in the past.
- Tall, slim physique
- Thin Nose
Katie Betzing has endorsed brands such as –
- Urban Decay
- Apt2B (2016)
- Microsoft (2017)
- HP Sprocket (2018)
- SmileActives (2018)
- 310 Nutrition (2018)
- Daniel Wellington (2018)
- JustFab (2019)
- Walmart (2019)
- TakeCareOf (2019)
- DSW Shoes (2019)
- Personal Planner (2019)
- Best Fiends App (2019)
- Nike (2019)
- Adidas Women (2019)
- Superga USA (2019)
- Brandy Melville (2019)
- Princess Polly Boutique (2019)
- American Eagle (2019)
- Birkenstock (2019)
- joy (2019)
- BioClarity (2019)
- Gucci (2019)
- Boohoo (2019)
- Baba Beach Club (2019)
- ZAFUL (2019)
- Victoria’s Secret PINK (2019)
- FabFitFun (2019)
- Rothys (2019)
- Lulus (2019)
- Alo Yoga (2019)
- Lululemon (2019)
- Timberland (2019)
Best Known For
Her social media following with more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 300k followers on Instagram
Growing up, Katie played soccer, basketball, and volleyball, as her dad was a basketball coach, and her mom coached soccer. In middle school, she took to skiing as a hobby, while after college, she found a passion for snowboarding for a year. She also enjoyed track and field, tennis, softball, and finally found herself in boxing which benefitted her life in multiple ways, as she met her boyfriend in a boxing class. Katie then began regularly posting about her current workouts and physique updates via the J80Fit Instagram account created by her and her boyfriend Josh.
She has shared tips that helped her stay on the track herself. The 1st thing she does is to make a to-do list because she would feel disorganized without it. Additionally, she is always careful not to diet too hard as to not slow down her metabolism and ruin her wellbeing. She is also a big proponent of running or at least walking every day. Katie runs at least 2-3 miles on the treadmill before each of her workouts, which helps her both stay lean, and get a good warm-up to avoid potential injury.
Circuit 1: Kettlebell 15-20 lbs (Repeated 3x)
Circuit 2: (Repeated 3x)
- 20 glute bridges
- 25 jump lunges
- 20 Donkey kicks, each side
- 20 pulse kickbacks, each side
Circuit 3: (Repeated 3x)
- 30-second assault bike
- 1-minute jump rope
- 30-second burpees (as much as possible)
- 25 straight leg sit-ups
- 50 ankle touches
- 40 bicycle kicks
- 25 raised straight-leg toe touch
- 30-second side plank, each side
- 25 single-leg V-up, each side
- 30-second “hollow man” hold
- 1-minute plank
She also likes to keep things interesting and incorporates squats using elastic bands to provide an additional or different kind of muscle tension to prevent hitting a plateau. Katie has also tried hitting a tractor tire with a sledgehammer and throwing a medicine ball against the wall which doubled as both an intense workout exercise and cardio. She also prefers to stay slim/athletic rather than be muscular, as she feels stronger and more agile that way.
Katie Betzing Favorite Things
- Book – The Bible
- The Bible Verse – Philippians 4:13
- Snack – Popcorn
- Singer/Rapper – Post Malone
- Singer – Taylor Swift
- Movie Genre (In 2015) – Romantic Comedy
- TV Shows (In 2015) – Bachelor in Paradise, Bachelor, Bachelorette
- Winter Food – Chicken Soup
- High School Subject – Math
- Animals – Dog, Elephant, Tiger
- Drink – Starbucks Salted Mocha Frappuccino
- Vacation Spots – Italy & Miami, Florida
- YouTubers – MyLifeAsEva, Niki and Gabi
Katie Betzing Facts
- When Katie was 2 years old, her parents left her to go to Disneyland. When her aunt, who babysat her, fell asleep, she took scissors and cut her own hair, as well as all the fur from her cats and dogs.
- Because of the haircutting accident, she had to get a buzzcut, and her parents gave her the nickname “Little Man Tate.”
- She was given her middle name, McKinley, by her dad who was a history teacher and a fan of the 25th President of the United States, William McKinley.
- Her sister’s middle name is Reagan after Ronald Reagan, the 40th President of the United States.
- Katie was in an awkward stage during middle school and had 2 friends named Erin and Sydney.
- She calls her fanbase her “Babezings.”
- Katie went on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic through her church after college because she loved taking care of younger girls who were also Christian.
- She calls her jeep “Smoky Malone.”
- She dreams of creating a clothing line with her sister Biz.
- Katie gets cosmetics from the Urban Decay brand for free.
- She used Q-tips to apply her makeup in the 2nd video that she uploaded to YouTube instead of using a makeup brush.
- Katie, alongside her high school volleyball team, won a Michigan state championship.
- She created a fun series on her channel, where her sister Biz dresses up and plays the role of Brad, her ex-boyfriend.
- Katie’s initial motivation to start a YouTube channel of her own were videos made by YouTubers Zoella, Bethany Mota, and JacksGap.
- In 2015, after her audience suggested she take a look at them for the 1st time, she “fell in love” with Dolan Twins, Ethan Dolan, and Grayson Dolan.
- Her ring size is 5.5 (US) or 11 (EU) or 16.1mm in diameter.
- As of May 10, 2019, she has kissed 4 different guys.
- Katie calls her apartment “the Camden.”
- She is the type of person that only buys the things she truly needs and doesn’t really like to shop for clothes.
- If she could switch lives with a celebrity for 1 day, she would pick Ellen DeGeneres.
- Katie spends the biggest chunk of her money on athletic wear, as she both works out and lives in leggings and comfortable clothing.
- Self-admittedly, she wasn’t popular in high school, because she didn’t go to parties and focused on studying and sports.
- Katie admitted that despite being a devoted Christian, she does listen to “ungodly” music on occasion.
- She’s a picky eater and doesn’t like seafood and onions.
- On May 1, 2016, she collaborated with Quincie and Candice Kirby on a video titled Summer Life Hacks EVERYONE Needs to Know!
- Katie and her boyfriend Josh visited the Elephant Sanctuary in Kathu Phuket, Thailand in March 2019.
- She attended the Coachella festival in Indio, California, the United States in April 2019.
- On June 12, 2019, Katie announced that she and her boyfriend purchased an empty lot in Michigan and were in the process of building a house there.
- Follow her on YouTube, 2nd YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
Featured Image by Katie Betzing / Instagram