|Kovai Sarala Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kovai Sarala is an Indian actor, comedian, television presenter, and politician. She has worked in more than 300+ films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada and some of them are Kandha Kadamba Kathir Vela, Koodi Vazhnthal Kodi Nanmai, Maayi, En Mana Vaanil, Doubles, Unnai Kann Theduthey, Budget Padmanabhan, Piriyadha Varam Vendum, Uyirile Kalanthathu, Magalirkkaga, Krishna Krishna, Poovellam Un Vasam, Viswanathan Ramamoorthy, Shakalaka Baby, Utharavu Maharaja, Bayama Irukku, Kanchana, Kasu Mela Kasu, Michaelpatty Raja, Lakshmi, Semma, Sathura Adi 3500, Kanchana 3, A Aa E Ee, Devi 2, Viswasam, Thangamani Rengamani, Enga Ooru Mappillai, Kai Veesamma Kai Veesu, KSD Appalaraju, Badrinath, Devudu Chesina Manashulu, Greeku Veerudu, Evaraina Epudaina, Temper, Kerala House Udan Vilpanakku, Maad Dad, Girls, Niram, Uliyin Osai, and Sathi Leelavathi.
Coimbatore, Madras State, India
Actor, Comedian, Television Presenter, Politician
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Kovai Sarala is neither married nor has a child. Instead, she often takes care of the children of her relatives.
Race / Ethnicity
Kovai Sarala is of Malayali descent.
Pierced ears and nose
Kovai Sarala Favorite Things
- Personal Favorite Films – Sathi Leelavathi, Viralukketha Veekkam, Varavu Ettana Selavu Pathana, Karakattakkaran, Viswanathan Ramamoorthy
Source – Wikipedia
Kovai Sarala Facts
- She used to watch the films of actor and filmmaker Maruthur Gopala Ramachandran (M.G.R.) and that inspired her to pursue a career in acting.
- Her sister and father supported her dreams of becoming an actor.
- Kovai Sarala was in 9th grade when she was offered her first film role in the film Velli Ratham.
- When she was in 10th standard, she was cast as Arukkani, a 32-year-old pregnant woman, in the 1983 Tamil-language romantic comedy film Mundhanai Mudichu.
- She played the role of Venkamma, Annavaram’s wife, in the 2000 Telugu film Rayalaseema Ramanna Chowdary and this role won Kovai Sarala a Nandi Award in the “Best Female Comedian” category.
- She was cast in the 2003 Telugu film Ori nee Prema Bangaram Kanu. This again won her a Nandi Award for “Best Female Comedian”.
- In 2011, Kovai Sarala co-starred as Sarala, Raghava’s mother, in the Tamil-language horror comedy film Kanchana (also known as Muni 2: Kanchana). This role won her the Vijay Award for “Best Female Comedian”.
- She has served as a regular guest judge on the Sun TV Tamil-language stand-up comedy reality show Asatha Povathu Yaaru? and as a judge on the Vijay TV Tamil comedy show Comedyil Kalakkuvathu Eppadi as well as on the Zee Tamil comedy show Varuthapadatha valibar sangam.
- Alongside Prabhu Deva, Tamannaah, Nandita Swetha, and Dimple Hayathi, Kovai Sarala co-starred as Lawyer Lalitha in the 2019 Tamil-language comedy horror film Devi 2, a sequel to the 2016 film Devi.
- She has been a part of Kamal Haasan‘s Makkal Needhi Maiam, a political party.
Featured Image by Dream Merchants Ad Film Production House / YouTube / CC BY 3.0