|Lara Gilchrist Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Year of Birth||1982|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Lara Gilchrist is a Canadian actress, voiceover artist, and theatre actress who is known for having been cast in a number of shows and movies which include the likes of Smallville, Stargate: Atlantis, The Last Trimester, The Haunting of Sorority Row, Bionic Woman, Blood Ties, Battlestar Galactica, Defying Gravity, And Baby Will Fall, Goodnight for Justice, Wait for Rain, Covert Affairs, All of My Heart: Inn Love, The Sweetest Christmas, All of My Heart: The Wedding, You Me Her, Jingle Around the Clock, and It’s Christmas, Eve. Moreover, Lara Gilchrist has also excelled as a voiceover artist and has worked on projects such as A Fairy Tale Christmas, Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes, Dead Rising 2: Case 0, Dead Rising 2, The Little Prince, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Astonishing X-Men, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and many others.
Lara Gilchrist was born in 1982.
Medicine Hat, Southern Alberta, Alberta, Canada
Lara Gilchrist has trained at Studio 58 which is a professional theatre training school located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Later, she graduated from the school in the year 2004.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Actress
Lara Gilchrist is represented by Lauren Levitt & Associates Inc., Talent Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-set eyes
- High cheekbones
As a voice actress, Lara Gilchrist has done endorsement work for a number of brands such as Edmonton Eskimos, Future Shop, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Subway, and Super Seven Lotteries.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in the recurring role of Paulla Schaffer in the American political-philosophical drama military science fiction post-apocalyptic fiction television series, Battlestar Galactica between 2008 and 2009. Also, the lead cast for the show included actors Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Michael Hogan, Aaron Douglas, Tahmoh Penikett, Paul Campbell, Nicki Clyne, Michael Trucco, Alessandro Juliani, and Kandyse McClure.
- Playing the role of Sharon Lewis in the sci-fi drama TV show, Defying Gravity, which stars Ron Livingston, Malik Yoba, Andrew Airlie, Paula Garces, Florentine Lahme, Karen LeBlanc, Ty Olsson, Zahf Paroo, Eyal Podell, Maxim Roy, Dylan Taylor, Peter Howitt, Christina Cox, and Laura Harris
- Appearing as Hannah in the American-Canadian comedy-drama television series, You Me Her, which centers around a suburban married couple who are entering a 3-way romantic relationship which is also known as a polyamorous relationship. The show stars Greg Poehler, Rachel Blanchard, Priscilla Faia, and Melanie Papalia.
Lara Gilchrist made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Dina in the crime horror mystery thriller movie, The Seamstress in 2009. Directed by Jesse James Miller, the film’s cast also included Kailin See, David Kopp, James Kirk, Sarah Mutch, Richard Stroh, Kevin McNulty, Aaron Pearl, David Nykl, Andee Frizzell, Norman Misura, Jennifer Copping, and Lance Henriksen.
First TV Show
Lara Gilchrist made her first TV show appearance by portraying the character of Madelyn Hibbins in an episode titled Spell of the superhero action-adventure drama series, Smallville in November 2004.
As a voiceover artist, Lara Gilchrist made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Susan Storm/Invisible Woman, a founding member of the Fantastic Four as well as the first female superhero created by Marvel during the Silver Age of Comics, in an episode, titled Trial by Fire, of the animated sci-fi action-adventure series, Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes in September 2006. Some of the other artists who contributed their vocals to the show are Hiro Kanagawa, Christopher Jacot, Brian Dobson, and Sam Vincent.
Lara Gilchrist Facts
- She played the role of Carly in a few episodes of the American science fiction television drama show, Bionic Woman, in 2007.
- Lara Gilchrist appeared as Gillian in 2011 in the American-Canadian comedy cable TV series, Exes and Ohs, whose lead cast included Michelle Paradise, Marnie Alton, Megan Cavanagh, Angela Featherstone, and Heather Matarazzo.
- In 2012, she provided vocals to the character of Euphony in the Swiss-French stereoscopic computer-animated children’s television series, The Little Prince, based on the novel of the same name.
- As a theatre artist, Lara Gilchrist has worked on a number of projects such as Life Line, Ramifications of a Particular Crash, True Love Lies, Hippies and Bolsheviks, Enchanted April, and many others.
- She has also voiced a variety of characters in numerous video games such as Survivors in Dead Rising 2: Case 0, Crystal Bailey/Survivors in Dead Rising 2, Crystal Bailey/Survivors in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Survivors in Dead Rising 2: Case West, etc.
- Over the years, Lara Gilchrist has provided vocals to many characters in several other shows and movies such as Angela in A Fairy Tale Christmas, Emma Frost/Perfection in Astonishing X-Men, Eris in Class of the Titans, etc.
- Follow Lara Gilchrist on Instagram.
Featured Image by Lara Gilchrist / Instagram