|Laura Mercier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1960|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Laura Mercier is a successful French makeup artist and businesswoman. She has worked for magazines like Elle and Vogue and clients such as Gap and Chanel. She studied at the Carita Paris Institute in Paris, France, and her brand was launched in 1996.
New York City, New York, United States
Laura Mercier studied painting and drawing at a design school called L’Ecole Supérieure d’Arts Appliqués Duperré in Paris. Later, she joined the Carita Paris Institute, a combination of beauty school and a salon in Paris, France.
Makeup Artist, Businesswoman
Laura Mercier is managed by Magrino Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Laura Mercier Favorite Things
- Fashion Label – Yohji Yamamoto, Ann Demeulemeester, Céline
- Purse – Her chocolate Hermès Birkin bag
- Flower – Peonies, Tulips, Garden roses, Wild country flowers
- Spot On Earth – The Seychelles Islands
Source – The Cut
Laura Mercier Facts
- After graduation, she worked as a makeup artist at the Carita Paris Institute.
- She changed her name to “Laura” to avoid confusion with the actress Michèle Mercier who was also a client of the salon she working for back then.
- In 1985, she moved to New York City to work as a makeup artist for Elle magazine.
- She is known as the pioneer of the ‘Flawless Face’.
- Her scent of choice is amber, followed by rose, and geranium.
- She gets her hair done from Serge Normant.
- She likes the bohemian or de-structured style.
- A phrase or word that she most often uses is “dammed” and “sure”.
- Graffiti and tags on beautiful buildings and bridges and littering drive her crazy.
- If she could pick only one makeup tool, she would choose the tweezers.
- Her father used to make the most fantastic duck à l’orange.
- Her comfort foods include rice pudding, hot chocolate, macaroni with butter, or pain au chocolate.
- If she could invent anything, she would have liked to invent magic chocolate that doesn’t add weight but makes you lose weight without jeopardizing your health.
- In 2006, she came out with a book titled The New Beauty Secrets: Your Ultimate Guide to a Flawless Face.
- Some of her prominent celebrity clients include Julia Roberts, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, and Madonna.
- The Laura Mercier brand was launched in 1996 in partnership with Janet Gurwitch and Gary Kusin.
- She is an avid supporter of the ovarian cancer awareness program.
- She was inspired to pursue beauty as a profession after assisting makeup artist at Carita in Paris.
- Her beauty icons include the classic Hollywood 40’s and 50’s actresses such as Eva Gardner, Brigitte Bardot, and Sophia Loren.
Featured Image by Laura Mercier / Facebook