|Laxmi Narayan Tripathi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi is an Indian transgender rights activist, actor, television personality, Bharatanatyam dancer, choreographer, and motivational speaker who was assigned male at birth. In 2008, she became the first transgender person to represent Asia Pacific in the UN. She has also been appointed the Acharya Mahamandaleshwar of kinnar akhada. Laxmi Narayan Tripathi appeared as a contestant on the Hindi-language television reality show Bigg Boss in 2011.
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi
Thane, Maharashtra, India
New Delhi, India
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi studied at Bims Paradise English High School in Kopri, Thane. Afterward, she attended Mithibai College (a college affiliated with the University of Mumbai) in Mumbai and graduated with a degree in arts.
She also has a postgraduate degree in Bharatnatyam.
Activist, Actor, Television Personality, Bharatanatyam Dancer, Choreographer, Motivational Speaker
- Mother – Vidyavati Tiwari
- Siblings – Shashinarayan (Younger Brother), Rukmini (Younger Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi has dated –
- During her stint on Bigg Boss, she stated that she had been in a relationship with a man for 2 years.
- Aryan Pasha – She is engaged to Aryan Pasha, an Indian transmale bodybuilder.
Note – She has adopted 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi is of Brahmin descent.
Frequently sports red lip color
Laxmi Narayan Tripathi Facts
- Alongside Seema Biswas, Vineeth, Raj Zutshi, and Archana Gupta, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi co-starred as Lajo in the 2011 Bollywood drama film Queens! Destiny of Dance. The film received critical acclaim and won several international awards.
- Her fellow contestants on the 5th installment of Bigg Boss included Juhi Parmar, Shakti Kapoor, Mahek Chahal, Pooja Bedi, Sonika Kaliraman, Shonali Nagrani, Vida Samadzai, and others.
- On Project Bolo (a documentary series about LGBT Indians), Laxmi revealed that she got breast augmentation but did not receive any hormone therapy.
- She has stated that she received a lot of backlash from the hijra community for her speaking out and meeting Salman Rushdie.
- Along with Pooja Pande, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi co-wrote her biography titled Red Lipstick which was published in 2016.
- She supported Akshay Kumar in launching the 2020 Hindi-language horror comedy film Laxmmi Bomb which was criticized by the trans community for being transphobic and misogynistic.
- The queer community has criticized Laxmi Narayan Tripathi for her comments on the Ram mandir construction in Ayodhya. A statement issued by the community reads, “Being a dominant caste Brahmin transwoman, she appeals to the Hindutva ideology and justifies the existence of caste system in India ever since she started aspiring for a political position in the current ruling party”.
Featured Image by Timothy Herbert / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0