|Lee Byung-hun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1970|
Lee Byung-hun is a South Korean singer and actor known for his works in a variety of genres. His role in the South Korean entertainment industry is not one to be underestimated. Since the early 2000s, he began to grace our screens with his brilliance. In the year 2000, he acted in Joint Security Area, a movie which received excellent remarks from viewers. He has also been featured in several other films including A Bittersweet Life (2005), The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) and Inside Men (2015) which won him the award for “Best Actor” in the Baeksang Art Awards, Blue Dragon Awards, and Grand Bell Awards. Some of the movies he has acted in have been on the list of highest-grossing films in South Korea.
He has also been featured in many television series including The Sorrow of the Survivor (1993), Asphalt Man (1995), Road (2001), Iris (2009), and Mr. Sunshine (2018). Lee Byung-hun has also participated in music video such as I Luv It by Psy, where he was featured as himself. He has won several awards since the commencement of his acting career. Some of these include KBS Drama Award as “Best Actor” for his role in Day of Sunshine and The Seoul Award for “Best Actor (Drama)” for his role in Mr. Sunshine.
Brian Lee, Lee Byeong Heon, Lee Byunghun, Brian
Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Samseong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Lee Byung-hun attended Hanyang University in Seoul, South Korea. He later went to Graduate School of Chung-Ang University in Seoul, South Korea.
Actor, Model, Singer
- Father – In-Chul Lee (Businessman)
- Mother – Park Jae-soon
- Siblings – Eun-Hee Lee (Younger Sister)
Lee Byung-hun is managed by –
- BH Entertainment (Creative Artist Agency), Seoul, South Korea
- Darren Boghosian (Talent Agent)
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Omni Artists (Manager), Los Angeles, California, USA
- VanIden Public Relations and Consulting (Publicist)
- McKuin Frankel Whitehead (Legal Representative), Beverly Hills, California, USA
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Byung-hun has dated –
- Song Hye-kyo (2003-2004) – Lee Byung-hun dated Song Hye-kyo, a South Korean actress who gained her popularity for her roles in television dramas around the same time as Lee. Their relationship lasted for only a year.
- Lee Min-jung (2006-Present) – Lee Byung-hun met Lee Min-jung in 2006 through an acquaintance. They got into a relationship and dated briefly before breaking up. They returned to their relationship in 2012. Later, Lee Byung-hun got married to Lee Min-jung at Grand Hyatt Seoul in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea on August 10, 2013. They have a son together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Cropped short hair
- Prominent cheekbones
Lee Byung-hun has done advertisement work for brands like –
- Casio’s Oceanus brand of watches (2014)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watches (2018)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Lee Soo-hyeok in Joint Security Area (2000)
- Acting as Kim Soo-hyeon in I Saw the Devil (2010)
- Taking the leading role of Ahn Sang-goo in a critically acclaimed film Inside Men in 2015
- Portraying Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and its sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)
- Acting alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and other top actors in Terminator Genisys (2015)
As a Singer
He released his debut EP titled Lee Byung Hun – To Me in 1999.
Lee Byung-hun made his theatrical film debut in the movie Who Drives Me Mad? (Who Drives Me Crazy) in 1995.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Jinwoo in 1991 on the television show Asphalt My Hometown.
Lee Byung-hun Facts
- He speaks several languages very fluently in addition to his native Korean language. Some of these languages include English, French, and Mandarin Chinese.
- He has a western name, ‘Brian’ which he is called on several occasions.
- His younger sister was a very popular model and even won “Miss Korea” title in 1996.
- He also put himself out there as the body model for a 2006 video game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, where he was used as the character, Wayne Holden.
- He won his 1st award as “Best Actor” for the character of a border-guard soldier which he played quite well.
- Lee grew up comfortable because he had a rich businessman as a father. Although, he was a very mischievous child.
- Lee was the 1st South Korean actor to present an Oscar award at the Academy Awards which takes place yearly in Los Angeles.
- He is an active member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Lee Byung-hun and Ahn Sung-ki were the first ever South Korean actors to get their hand and footprints on the forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre which is located in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- He was once involved in a blackmail scandal in 2014 with 2 ladies in a K-pop group who threatened to reveal to the public, videos of him making s*xual jokes with them while they were drinking together except he paid them the sum of 5 billion won (South Korean Currency). He got them arrested when they sent the briefcases meant for transportation of the money.
- Lee was once suspected and charged for chronic gambling. The charges made by his girlfriend whom he broke up with later in the year 2009, was worth 100 million won. He was cleared of all charges in 2010.
- In 2010, Lee was named ambassador for California’s tourism promotion to Korea.
- He has been involved in lots of rumors about infidelity but he consistently denies them all.
- Lee released 2 tracks in 2010 which were part of the album Iris, played in a movie he acted going by the same name.
- His documentary was released in 2013 titled Lee Byung Hun Documentary, where he acted as himself.
- Inside Man (2015) has become Lee’s best work till date and is the highest grossing R-rated movie in the history of the Korean movie industry.
- He formed BH Entertainment, the management company that manages many actors such as Go Soo, Jin Goo, and Han Hyo-joo.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Lee Byung-hun / Instagram