|Lirika Matoshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||1996|
|Residence||New York City|
Lirika Matoshi is a Kosova-Albania fashion designer who has risen to fame for the whimsical and feminine designs that have been worn by several prominent celebrities such as Tess Holliday and Elle king. Other than that, she is also known for the apparel designs that are featured on her Instagram account and self-titled website.
She was born in 1996.
New York City, New York, United States
She had pursued a degree in Fashion Design at the Factory Desing University in Kosovo.
In the past, Lirika had also applied at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, but got rejected.
- Siblings – Teuta Matoshi Duriqi (Sister) (Fashion Designer), Sanije (Sister), She has 6 more siblings.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Kosovo Albanian ancestry.
Lirika Matoshi Facts
- She was raised alongside her sister Teuta in Pristina, Kosova.
- It was her sister Teuta who inspired her to take up fashion design.
- She was 20 years old when she relocated to New York City in 2016, to apply to study at the Fashion Institute of Technology. However, her application was rejected. Nevertheless, Lirika continued to pursue her passion at a studio located in the Bronx.
- In 2017, she gained notoriety after a picture of her embellished custom pair of tights that she had uploaded to her Instagram account began to receive the attention of various bloggers and users who shared and bought the apparel. The same year, a custom version of the tights was worn by singer and songwriter Elle King to the 2017 Grammy Awards ceremony.
- Lirika’s breakthrough in the fashion industry came after plus-size model, blogger, and make-up artist Tess Holliday wore her now famously called “The Strawberry Dress” to the Grammy Awards in January 2020. It was such a hit that Vogue named it “the dress of the summer”. Also, it is said that her sales for dresses had skyrocketed to 1000%. Hence, earning her recognition in her hometown by Vlora Dumoshi, the Minister of Culture, Youth, and Sports of Kosovo.