|Lost Frequencies Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lost Frequencies is a Belgian DJ, remixer, and record producer, best known for his single, Are You with Me (2014), which was a remix of the original song by the country singer Easton Corbin released in 2012. Felix took the music and the refrain from the original, and remixed it, despite the original being mildly successful and well-known. Felix’s remix topped Belgium’s Ultratop Flanders chart and topped the charts or got into Top 10 in Ireland, Switzerland, Australia, Austria, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Germany, and the United Kingdom in 2015. He released an EP titled Feelings in 2014 before the release of another prominent single, titled Reality (2015), which also topped the charts in more than 10 countries, and featured vocals by the Dutch actor and singer Janieck Devy. Felix started preparing for the release of his debut solo album in mid-2016, and 1st released his single, Beautiful Life featuring Sandro Cavazza.
Even though he announced his album would drop in September 2016, Felix decided to release his remix of the song Cold Water instead, originally by Justin Bieber and Major Lazer, which also became an instant hit. Felix released his debut solo studio album titled Less is More on October 21, 2016, which included some of the singles that made him a prominent DJ, as well as new tracks. In partnership with Armada Music that he was signed to, Felix also launched his own record label, Found Frequencies, in 2018, both for his own music, as well as to sign up-and-coming talents he recognized. In 2019, he has also released a plethora of remixes as well as singles such as Truth Never Lies, Sun Is Shining, Recognise ft Flynn. He has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 1 million followers on Facebook and more than 700k followers on Instagram.
Félix De Laet
Before his DJ career took off, Felix attended a boarding school and studied economics in Belgium.
DJ, Record Producer, Remixer
- Siblings – He has 1 older and 1 younger brother.
Lost Frequencies is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in North America and Canada
- Nick Royaards / Tomorrowland (Manager) in Europe and Worldwide
Deep House, Tropical House
Piano, Turntables, Audio Production Software
- The Bearded Man
- Armada Music
- Found Frequencies
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Belgian descent.
He has endorsed Neumann headphone brand in 2019.
Best Known For
- His hit singles Are You with Me (2014), Reality (2015), and Beautiful Life (2016), as well as numerous remixes of his own songs or originals by other artists
- Releasing his debut studio album, Less Is More in 2016
- His social media fanbase with more than 1 million followers on Facebook and more than 700k followers on Instagram
Lost Frequencies released his debut solo studio album on October 21, 2016, titled Less Is More, under an exclusive license to Ultra Music and Armada Music. The album was also shortlisted by IMPALA for the “Album of the Year” in 2016 but ultimately lost to an album by the singer Agnes Obel. The album also featured his hit singles Are You with Me, Reality, and Beautiful Life, as well as All or Nothing ft. Axel Ehnström, What Is Love, and Sky Is The Limit ft. Jake Reese. Other tracks on the album were Dance with Me, In Too Deep, Funky’n Brussels, Dying Bird ft. Joakim Wilow, Send Her My Love, Lift Me Up ft. Nick Schilder, St. Peter, Selfish Love, What Goes Around Comes Around, and Footsteps in the Night.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Energy Fashion Night 2018 episode of the series, Energy Fashion Night, in May 2018.
Lost Frequencies Favorite Things
- Singer (In 2018) – Orelsan
- Activities – Horse Riding, Snowboarding, Surfing, Forest Trekking, Off-Roading, Playing Basketball
- Restaurants (In New York) – Catch New York, Milos, Shake Shack
- Alcohol Drinks – Gin And Tonic
- Gin And Tonic Combination – Hendrick’s Gin and Fever-Tree Tonic Water
- Breakfast Order – Bread With Butter And Shrimp, Eggs, Sliced Red Meat, Milk, Callebaut Chocolate
Lost Frequencies Facts
- His stage name comes from the old songs he used in his remixes, which he himself called “lost frequencies.”
- Felix loved using old tracks because he couldn’t play the guitar, so he wanted to combine vocals and old music to create something brand new. Later on, his brother would play the guitar for his tracks.
- He has acquired most of his knowledge through YouTube and sheer dedication and has also asked his piano teacher to help him create his own chord progressions.
- Felix listened to Avicii, Afrojack, and Laidback Luke growing up, who inspired him to make his own music.
- Both of his brothers play the piano, but neither of them listens to electronic music.
- Felix began producing tracks as soon as he got his very own MacBook Pro laptop. His brother bought it for him and he immediately opened the GarageBand application and started playing around.
- He has a tattoo of Felix The Cat on his ribcage, a character from a 1950s cartoon of the same name.
- His recording label, Found Frequencies has supported artists such as Two Pauz, Petit Navire, Mordkey & Mastrovita, and others.
- The 1st album he had bought was that of the Swedish DJ duo, Dada Life.
- The 1st remix he did and was very proud of was that of Paramore’s song crushcrushcrush from 2007. Felix even sent it to various labels but got no response.
- In 2016, he won 2 ECHO Awards, in the categories “Dance International” and “Hit of the Year” for his single, Are You with Me (2014).
- When he 1st met Armin van Buuren, it was during a show and he had to answer his questions. Felix was starstruck and very shy, but also very happy to be there at that exact moment.
- He has toured with The Chainsmokers in 2017, a music duo consisting of Alex Pall and Drew Taggart.
- Felix has remixed songs by Bob Marley, Moby, KRONO, Armin van Buuren, Emma Bale, Lea Rue, Diplo, Miley Cyrus, Alan Walker, Estelle, Kanye West, Martin Garrix, Macklemore, Patrick Stump, and many other singers.
- He has met most of the well-known DJs in his genre but considers Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, and Dash Berlin as “big brothers” and loves hanging out with them.
- Felix made his debut entry into the 2017 DJ magazine’s Top 100 poll at number 26. The results were tallied based on readers’ votes and his placement was also the highest entry by a new artist that year.
- He has tried Belgian mussels in the United States but has noticed that the sauce tastes differently. He also wished he could eat fries cooked in the Belgian way around the world, and misses them when on tour.
- Felix often finds himself resting in the evening after a big concert due to jetlag. He only goes on a walk around the place if he stays in that location for more than a few days.
- Felix considered In Too Deep to be his most intimate track in 2018.
- He has a habit of choosing 1 artist per month, regardless of genre, and trying to get influenced by their music.
- He teamed up with James Blunt in 2018 to release a single titled Melody.
- In November 2018, Felix has expressed his desire to collaborate with his friend, DJ and musician Don Diablo.
- Visit his official website @ lostfrequencies.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify, Last.fm, SoundCloud, and Discogs.
Featured Image by Lost Frequencies / Instagram