|Patrick Stump Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1984|
Patrick Stump is an American singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, songwriter, and actor who also happens to be the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the rock band Fall Out Boy. Apart from his career with his band, he has also been active as a solo artist and released his first album, Soul Punk, in October 2011.
Patrick Martin Stumph
Patrick Stump, Stumpy, Lunchbox, Rickster, Harles, Trick
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Stump lives with his family in Chicago, United States.
Patrick Stump went to the Glenbrook South High School from where he graduated in 2002.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – David Stumph (Folk Singer)
- Mother – Patricia Vaughn (Accountant)
- Siblings – Kevin Stumph (Older Brother) (Professional Violinist), Megan Stumph (Younger Sister)
- Others – Clarence R. Schultz (Paternal Grandfather), Helen L. Stumph (Paternal Grandmother)
Patrick Stump is represented by Santa Monica based Innovative Artists.
Pop Punk, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Soul, R&B, Pop, Emo, Emo Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Drums, Percussion, Bass, Brass
- Island Records
- Nervous Breakdance Media
5 ft 4½ in or 163.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick Stump has dated –
- Elisa Yao (2012-Present) – In 2012, Patrick got married to his girlfriend, Elisa Yao, in a romantic and low key ceremony. They had been dating for quite a long time. In September 2014, it was announced that they were expecting their first child. Their son, Declan, was born in the following month. At the 2016 graduation ceremony for Glenbrook South High School, it was revealed that they were expecting their second child. Soon after, she gave birth to their second son, Antero.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German and Welsh ancestry.
- Rare eye color
- Short Height
- Wears a hat or a cap during his performances
Patrick Stump hasn’t endorsed any of the brands yet.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist of the rock band, Fall Out Boy, which is best known for the success and popularity of its studio album, From Under the Cork Tree
- Serving as the rhythm guitarist of Fall Out Boy
- Having collaborated with established music artists such as Gym Class Heroes, Timbaland, Tyga, and Bruno Mars
His first studio album with his band Fall Out Boy was Take This to Your Grave, which was released in May 2003. The album proved to be a commercial success and was certified gold by RIAA.
In October 2011, he released his first solo studio album, Soul Punk, which was a mild success with 9,000 albums sold in the first week. It also reached the 47th position on the Billboard 200.
In 2008, Patrick made his theatrical film debut as himself in the romantic comedy movie, Sex Drive.
First TV Show
In October 2005, Patrick Stump made his first TV show appearance in an episode, An Attempt to Tip the Scales, of the romantic drama series One Tree Hill. However, his appearance in the show wasn’t credited.
In December 2005, he made his first credited TV show appearance in the reality comedy series, Punk’d.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Patrick Stump Favorite Things
- Album – ‘Low’ by David Bowie
- New Music Artist – Janelle Monae
- Song – ‘Thriller’ by Michael Jackson
- Book -The Zhuangzi
- TV Show – The Wire
- Movie – Ghostbusters (1984)
- Food – Shrimp Vindaloo
- Restaurant – The Himalayan in Niles, Illinois
- Place On Earth – Chicago
- Actors – Jack Lemmon, Alec Guinness, Idris Elba, and Rod Steiger
- Artist – Pablo Picasso
- Fashion Icon – Paul Weller
- Flowers – Lilacs
- Childhood Music Idols – Michael Jackson, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Nat King Cole
Patrick Stump Facts
- At the start of his music career, he used to play drums for a number of Chicago based hardcore punk and power violence bands such as Public Display Of Infection, Xgrinding processX, and Arma Angelus.
- He met Fall Out Boy co-founder Joe Trohman over their mutual interest in music. Trohman introduced him to fellow co-founder and bassist Pete Wentz.
- Stump had originally auditioned to become the drummer of Fall Out Boy, but Wentz and Trohman managed to convince him to become the lead vocalist of the band. They also later made him the guitarist of the band.
- He and his band got the mainstream breakthrough with the success of their album, From Under the Cork Tree, which was certified as double platinum.
- Towards the end of 2009, his band announced the plans to take an indefinite break as the band members decided to embark on fresh projects. In February 2013, it was announced that Fall Out Boy was all set to make its return.
- In July 2016, he was honored with Best Vocalist Award at the Alternative Press Music Awards.
- At the 2016 graduation ceremony for Glenbrook South High School, he was honored for being the distinguished alumnus of the school.
- When Fall Out Boy went on a hiatus, it was revealed that Stump was struggling with a number of health problems such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He was even suffering from asthma and pre-diabetes. It was claimed that his health problems were partially responsible for the hiatus.
- Before his music career took off, he used to work in a record store.
- In 2012, he was made a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences‘ Chicago Chapter Governors.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Patrick Stump / Instagram