Lucas Cornelis van Scheppingen
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
DJ, Music Producer, Martial Artist
- Father – Kees van Scheppingen
- Mother – Lucy van Scheppingen
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Laidback Luke is represented by –
- Unmanageable Artists B.V.
- The Media Nanny
- Syndicate the Agency
- Paradigm Talent Agency
Electro House, Dance, House, Progressive House, Dutch House, Techno
Keyboard, Software (FL Studio, Ableton Live)
- Mixmash Records
- Spinnin’ Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Laidback Luke has dated –
- Gina Turner (2012-2017) – While on his maiden voyage of Holy Ship!, Luke announced that he had got engaged to DJ Gina Turner. In October 2012, they got married in a lavish ceremony held at The View, Piermont, in New York. She gave birth to a daughter, Evalina in 2014. They even collaborated on a musical project called Nouveau Yorican. In May 2017, she took to her Facebook account to reveal that they had decided to end their marriage. However, she insisted that they remained on good terms and would raise their daughter together.
- He was previously married to another woman. During the course of their marriage, his former wife gave birth to two sons.
- Ashley Noel (2017-Present) – In the last months of 2017, Luke started going out with singer Ashley Noel. He posted a number of pictures of them together on his Instagram account in the following months. However, he didn’t issue a public confirmation until January 2018 affirming that they were indeed a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Dutch ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of Filipino descent.
In 2017, Laidback Luke was announced as the brand ambassador of Denon DJ.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having performed at a series of high profile events in Europe, Japan, Ibiza, as well as North America.
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Afrojack, and Lil Jon.
In 2002, he released his debut studio album, Electronic Satisfaction.
He hasn’t made his theatrical film debut yet.
First TV Show
Laidback Luke hasn’t appeared on any type of TV show till date.
Luke is very much committed to the intense workout regime that he believes keeps him going in his professional commitments. He is a big fan of kung fu training and has managed to even earn a black belt in it.
However, kung fu isn’t the only workout discipline that he relies on to keep his body in shape.
When it comes to workouts, he mostly goes for bodyweight exercises. He also doesn’t mind going for weightlifting training once in a while.
While he is traveling, he works out in his room and if he gets some time, he doesn’t mind hitting the hotel gym.
Along with martial arts training and other workouts, he has also made running an important part of his fitness routine. However, he never runs for more than 20 minutes. And, he prefers to run on the treadmill over outdoor runs because that allows him to see statistics and set certain goals as well.
Laidback Luke Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Fries, Chocolate
- Place To Be – Home
- Workout Tunes – Fcukin’ Beats by Laidback Luke and Twoloud, Venture by Mark Villa, Move to the Sound by Afrojack & Laidback Luke Ft. Hawkboy, Dominator by Armin Van Buuren VS Human Resource
- Starbucks Drink – Iced Grande Chai Tea Latte
- Food – Sushi, Sashimi
- Scary Movie – A Nightmare on Elm Street
- People To Collaborate With – Diplo, Steve Aoki, Devid Guetta
- Track Of 2013 – “Flute” by New World Sound and Thomas Newson
- Plug-in – The Ableton Reverb, EQ 8
- Summer Festival – Tomorrowland
- Super Hero – Spiderman, Wolverine
- Song From “Focus” – Don’t Hesitate
Source – BestFitMagazine.co.uk, Twitter, DamnThat’sEpic.com, One EDM, DMCWorld.net, Electro Daily.com, Ibiza Spotlight, Miami New Times
Laidback Luke Facts
- Before he found success as a DJ, he found fame as a graffiti artist in the Netherlands.
- Almost everyone in his family could play a musical instrument. When he learned that he could play the music using a computer, he decided it was a perfect opportunity to complete the family tradition.
- Apart from being a DJ, Luke can also play the piano.
- Although he was born in Manila, he spent the majority of his childhood in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
- In 2013, Luke won 4 gold medals as well as a silver medal at the World Championships of Kung Fu in Hong Kong.
- He was featured in the documentary, I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead, which was based on DJ Steve Aoki’s life and went on to win a Grammy Nomination.
- Visit his official website @ laidbackluke.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube, and Google+.
Featured Image by Amnesia Ibiza / Flickr / CC BY-2.5