|Marc Menchaca Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 10, 1975|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Marc Menchaca is an American actor, director, writer and singer who shot to fame after playing the part of Wheeler in the television series Flashforward (2009–2010). He solidified his fame by portraying the lead role of Noah in the film This Is Where We Live (2013), for which he was the co-director and co-writer as well, the movie having bagged an award at the Heartland Film Festival in 2013. Marc has starred in several other films including the highly acclaimed Reparation (2015), his stellar performance in it as the protagonist Bob Stevens fetching him the “Best Actor” award at the Breckenridge Film Festival in 2016. He has been featured in numerous other notable programs on the small screen too like the crime drama streaming series Ozark (2017–2018).
Marc Galan Menchaca
San Angelo, Tom Green, Texas, United States
He graduated from Central High School in 1994, having first got interested in performing as a student there. He then went to Texas A&M University, where he acted in his first play and went on to acquire a Bachelor’s degree in English.
Marc attended a summer workshop at the Circle in the Square Theatre School in Manhattan after which he decided to pursue acting as his career. He is an alumnus of the William Esper Studio.
Actor, Director, Writer, Singer
- Father – Rudy Menchaca
- Mother – Cathy Menchaca
He has been represented by CESD Talent Agency.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
He is of Mexican and English descent.
- Tall stature
- Beard and mustache
- Expressive eyes
Marc Menchaca Favorite Things
- Film – Dead Poets Society
- Item To Take Along During His Travels – His guitar that has provided him an outlet when he has been traveling and working
Source – Deepest Dream
Marc Menchaca Facts
- Growing up, he had played football and soccer, like many West Texas boys.
- Marc has disclosed that Reparation had challenged him as, being the lead actor, he had to work for more than 20 days with almost no break. He only got a half-day off when he had to drive to Indianapolis to be present at the premiere of another film that he had been featured in. Marc has gone on to add that he also got to learn how as the lead, he had the huge responsibility of keeping the project going, and keeping up the spirits of everyone.
- In 2018, he sang a cover of the single The Man Who Sold the World for the trailer to the 2nd season of Ozark.
- Marc has recalled that the shooting for the thriller Alone (2019) was almost entirely done outside in the Pacific Northwest, in October and November, when it was cold and it would rain for an hour and then stop. With the rain and the mud, he had to do the running and gunning and get as much completed as possible. Although it had been arduous, he had a lot of fun.
- He has stated that he has been passionate about music and songwriting, and has loved to write songs from the viewpoint of a character.
Featured Image by Blanche Don’t Cry / Instagram