|Marie Ulven Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 16, 1999|
Marie Ulven is an aspiring Norwegian musician, singer, and songwriter who is well known as her stage name “Girl In Red”. She has been a role model especially for many women and has been praised for her unapologetic and openness about being gay. Besides that, Marie has released a number of hit songs like I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend (2018), Summer Depression (2018), We Fell In Love In October / Forget Her (2018), Girls (2018), 4am (2018), Watch You Sleep (2019), and I Need To Be Alone (2019). She started making her music in her bedroom and as 2019, she had been a growing matter of discussion between some of the most highly regarded online magazines like The Fader and Complex. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 350k follower on Instagram, 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 400k subscribers on YouTube.
Girl In Red
Marie attended Westerdals Oslo School of Arts, Communication and Technology where she studied music production and songwriting.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – He is a police officer.
- Mother – She has worked as a technological expert.
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Marie is represented by Ben of Twenty Ten Management.
Her booking agents are –
- Mike Malak and Clementine Bunel of Coda Music Agency (UK / EU)
- Tom Windish and Carly James of Paradigm Agency (North America / South America )
- S Rogers of WME Agency (Australia)
- Anita Halmøy Wisløff of Atomic Soul (Norway)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marie has dated –
- Marie was once madly in love with a close friend of hers who was straight. She also revealed that the two got along very well and spent a lot of their time together. However, her friend had a boyfriend while Marie did not share her deepest feelings that she had for her which eventually lead to a dead end. Heartbroken, Marie came up with the hit single I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend (2018) that instantly turned her into a pop sensation overnight.
- As of 2019, she did seem to be very close to a girl whose name she had chosen to keep a secret. However, Marie does upload pictures of them together every now and then.
Race / Ethnicity
- She has a septum piercing
- Oval face shape
- Beautiful eyes
Best Known For
- Releasing several hit songs such as I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend (2018), Summer Depression (2018), We Fell In Love In October / Forget Her (2018), Girls (2018), 4am (2018), Watch You Sleep (2019), and I Need To Be Alone (2019)
- Being an opening performance for artists like American singer and musician Clairo and Conan Gray
- Releasing her music under her stage name “Girl In Red”
As a Singer
She released her debut EP titled Chapter 1 on September 14, 2018. It was compiled of some of her greatest tracks like I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend, Summer Depression, Say Anything, Girls, and 4am. Her single I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend was a super hit and was also ranked at #9th place by The New York Times on their “The 68 Best Songs of 2018” list.
Besides that, Marie has also released several other hit tracks including We Fell In Love In October / Forget Her (2018), Watch You Sleep (2019), I Need To Be Alone (2019), Dead Girl In The Pool (2019), and I’ll Die Anyway (2019)
Marie Ulven Favorite Things
- Film Of All-Time – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Source – TheLineOfBestFit.com
Marie Ulven Facts
- She grew up in Horton about 50 miles from where Oslo where she resided as of July 2019. Marie had moved to Oslo in the summer of 2018 to live with her sister.
- Growing up, Marie went through a tough time. She found it difficult to feel in touch with herself and gradually started to develop a boisterous and exuberant nature.
- She was 6 years old when she was going to perform in front of an audience for the first time. However, when the time came, Marie got nervous, burst in tears, and ran off stage.
- Prior to attaining worldwide fame, she had already recorded and released music in Norway. However, her music was mostly in Norwegian at the time.
- In the past, she had won a national juried music competition held by NRK Urørt.
- Just as Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker, Marie also started off writing and making music in 2017 using GarageBand in her bedroom and would upload it to SoundCloud under the user name Lydia x. It was only then, that she began to draw attention.
- She does smoke and every now then also enjoys a beer or two.
- Marie was 14 years old when she started playing the guitar.
- As of July 2019, she had only 10 songs up on Spotify and more than a million monthly listeners.
- She has opened for well-known American singer and musician Clairo and Conan Gray.
- The New York Times had listed Ulven’s song I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend at #9th place on their “The 68 Best Songs of 2018” list.
- Her live band line consists of guitarist Martin Andersen Dybdal and Bror Henrik Smith Brorson, bass guitarist Sigurd Berg Svela, and drummer Erlend Hisdal.
- Marie’s parents accepted their daughter’s choice of being in love with another girl calmly.
- Marie got her stage name “Girl In Red” from her crush who had on a red sweater while they were at an event. However, she did not pay much attention to the name until she bought a red sweater for herself and captioned a picture that she had taken in school as “Girl In Red”. It was then that she decided to give herself the same title.
- As of July 2019, her dream collaborations are with American singer and songwriter King Princess and Taylor Swift.
- Visit her official website @ worldinred.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Girl In Red / Instagram