|Palak Muchhal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1992|
Palak Muchhal is an Indian singer and lyricist who has rendered her voice in many movies like Aashiqui 2, Ek Tha Tiger, Kick, M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Action Jackson, Sanam Teri Kasam, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Kaabil, Baaghi 2, R… Rajkumar, From Sydney with Love, Humshakals, Gabbar is Back, Sanam Re, Ki & Ka, Luv U Alia, Rustom, Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana, Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha, Loveyatri, Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Bhuj: The Pride Of India, Shershaah, Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari, Rashtra Kavach Om, and Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas. Additionally, she has also used her popularity to generate funds for a number of social causes by performing stage shows across India and abroad. As of October 6, 2020, her charity shows had raised enough funds to help save the lives of 2200 children suffering from heart ailments.
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Palak Muchhal went to the Shree Agrasen Vidyalaya, Sneh Nagar, Indore. In an interview in May 2013, she revealed that she was in the final year of B.Com. degree at a college in Indore.
- Father – Rajkumar Muchhal (Works in a private firm)
- Mother – Amita Muchhal (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Palash Muchhal (Younger Brother) (Singer, Music Composer)
Hindustani Classical Music, Filmi
- YRF Music
- Eros Music
- Bombay Tracks LLP
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Palak has dated –
- Mithoon Sharma (2013-Present) – Palak first met music composer Mithoon Sharma in 2013 while they were working together on the Aashiqui 2 soundtrack. They later started dating. The couple tied the knot on Novembr 6, 2022, after dating for almost 9 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Maheshwari Marwari descent.
In 2022, Palak was seen in an ad campaign of an Indian wavy and curly hair care brand called Fix My Curls.
Best Known For
- Having served as a playback singer for popular Bollywood movies
- Having done extensive social activism and charity work
As a Singer
Palak has lent her voice to a number of soundtracks recorded for popular Bollywood movies like Aashiqui 2, Ek Tha Tiger, Action Jackson, Kick, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, and M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.
In 2010, Palak made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the action drama movie, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, which had Abhishek Bachchan and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles.
Palak Muchhal Favorite Things
- Singer – Shreya Ghoshal
- Place – Dubai
Source – Spotboye, KhaleejTimes.com
Palak Muchhal Facts
- Palak started singing at the age of 4 and has taken training in Indian Classical Music.
- In her professional career, she has sung in different languages including Sanskrit, Hindi, Oriya, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Telugu, Kannada, Sindhi, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- When she was 4 years old, she became a member of Kalyanji-Anandji Little Star, which comprised of other young singers.
- During the Kargil War, she spent an entire week singing at the shops in her hometown of Indore in a bid to raise funds for the families of deceased Indian soldiers. She was 7 years old at that time.
- Her inclination to do charity and social activism work was triggered by a childhood event after she had seen poor children using their clothes to wipe train compartments.
- She has traveled all over India and abroad for her charity show, Save Little Hearts, which aims to raise funds and awareness for charitable causes.
- In 2001, she managed to raise more than 1 million rupees for the benefit of Gujarat earthquake victims.
- She has established her non-profit organization, Palak Muchhal Heart Foundation. Her organization has managed to save the lives of hundreds of children through heart surgeries.
- The doctors at the Bhandari Hospital in Indore allow her to remain in the operating theatre for the surgeries. She has her own surgical gown for the operations.
- She doesn’t receive any financial benefit from the charity work.
- In 2021, she received the Honorary Doctorate from the American University, United States for Global Peace.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0
Wanted to know..Whether she is a vegetarian or a nonvegitarian.?