|Mike Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1996|
Mike Williams is a Dutch Musician, DJ, record producer, remixer, TV personality, radio personality, and social media star, best known for his career as a DJ, musician, and remixer, which skyrocketed in 2016 after DJ Tiesto officially introduced him to the world at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami, Florida, United States. Even though Mike had already released a prominent single via Spinnin’ Records titled Sweet and Sour by that point, and had a few remixes under his belt, he wasn’t recognized by a worldwide audience. This changed after Tiesto signed him to his label, Musical Freedom, and promised that he would collaborate with him soon. This also led to positive remarks and support for Mike’s musical talent from other already renowned DJs at that time, such as Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Hardwell, and Oliver Heldens. Mike released 3 singles in 2015, titled Konnichiwa, Candy ft. Dastic, and Battlefield, while the year of 2016 then saw the release of singles such as Groovy George ft. Justin Mylo, I Want You ft. Tiesto, and Take Me Down.
In 2017, Mike released singles such as Bambini, Another Night ft. Matluck, Don’t Hurt ft. Brēzy, Let’s Go ft. Lucas & Steve x Curbi, Feel Good ft. Felix Jaehn, Step Up ft. Tom & Jame, Jetlag ft. Brooks, Melody (Tip Of My Tongue), and You & I ft. Dastic. The year of 2018 was also one of the most prolific for him as an artist, with hit singles Lullaby ft. R3hab, Feels Like Yesterday ft. Robin Valo, The Beat, Give It Up, Wait Another Day ft. Mesto, and Rocket. Early 2019 marked the release of Mike’s singles I Got You, I’m Not Sorry, on which he collaborated with DJ Hardwell, as well as Wait For You featuring Maia Wright. To appease his audience’s interest, Mike, alongside his sister Michelle, also created series of videos on his YouTube channel titled On Tour With Mike Williams in November 2016, which brought a behind-the-scenes look at his busy life on the road. Mike has also amassed a fanbase online with more than 350k followers on Facebook and more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Mike Williams, WLLMS
DJ, Musician, Record Producer, Remixer, Social Media Star, TV Personality, Radio Personality
- Siblings – Michelle Marlène Willemsen (Sister) (Photographer, Videographer, Creative Director)
Mike Williams is represented by –
- Anna Agency (Talent Agent) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sorted Management (Manager) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Future Bounce, EDM, Electronic, Future House, House
Piano, Keyboard, Digital Audio Workstation
- Spinnin’ Records
- Musical Freedom
- Revealed Recordings
- Dharma Recordings
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch descent.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Defined facial features
- Slicked back haircut
Mike Williams has endorsed brands such as –
- Bad Habit Club (2018)
- Sound & Snow Gastein (2018)
- Lofty Manner Men (2018)
- Orlebar Brown (2018)
- Global Styling (2019)
- Tigha (2019)
- PME Legend (2019)
Best Known For
- His singles Sweet & Sour (2016), Bambini (2017), Don’t Hurt with Brēzy (2017), Let’s Go with Lucas & Steve X Curbi (2017), Feel Good with Felix Jaehn (2017), Give It Up (2018), Lullaby with R3hab (2018), I’m Not Sorry (2019), and Wait For You with Maia Wright
- His remixes of songs such as Becky G – Shower (2014), Calvin Harris ft. John Newman – Blame, Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – Outside (2015), Tiesto x Oliver Heldens ft. Natalie La Rose – The Right Song (2016), Galantis – Hunter (2017), and Hardwell ft. Conor Maynard and Snoop Dogg – How You Love Me (2019)
- Having a fanbase online with more than 350k followers on Facebook and more than 300k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Mike Williams began his professional career as a musician, DJ, and music producer in 2015, with singles Konnichiwa and Candy with Dastic, and Battlefield. In 2016, he released 4 more singles, titled Sweet & Sour, Groovy George with Justin Mylo, I Want You with Tiesto, and Take Me Down. The year of 2017 was one of the most prolific for Mike because he released 9 prominent singles such as – Bambini, Don’t Hurt with Brēzy, Let’s Go with Lucas & Steve x Curbi, Another Night with Matluck, Feel Good with Felix Jaehn, Step Up with Tom & Jame, Melody (Tip Of My Tongue), You & I with Dastic, and Jetlag with Brooks.
The year 2018 saw the release of 6 new singles by Mike Williams and featured artists, such as Rocket, The Beat, Give It Up, Feels Like Yesterday with Robin Valo, Lullaby with R3hab, and Wait Another Day with Mesto. In the 1st half of 2019, Mike Williams also released 3 singles, titled I Got You, I’m Not Sorry with Hardwell, and Wait For You with Maia Wright.
First TV Show
Mike Williams made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode of the reality TV series Tiësto’s in the Booth in 2012.
Mike Williams Favorite Things
- Activities – Cycling, Riding A Jet Ski, Going On A Safari Ride, Camping, Mountaineering
- Food – Oliebol
- Destination – Thailand
Mike Williams Facts
- He comes from a musical family, and both of his parents play the piano.
- Mike began with piano lessons at the age of 4 and was pretty good at it at the age of 6.
- While taking piano lessons, he had acquired the skill of sight-reading early on, which meant he could play a piece as he read the notation for it.
- Shortly after he learned to play piano, Mike decided to quit his lessons and create and play his own songs using a laptop and an amplifier that he bought from his savings and his father’s speakers.
- Mike produced his 1st dance track as a DJ when he was 12 years old.
- At the age of 14, Mike was a DJ in a club that held 500 people, after which he was booked for more gigs by the owner.
- He began his career with self-made bootlegs that he posted on SoundCloud, such as Carly Rae Jepsen‘s I Really Like You.
- His debut single, Konnichiwa, was actually his friend’s idea. The track reminded them both of Japan and was also the only word Mike knew in Japanese.
- He is fluent in Dutch and English and can speak a bit of Spanish.
- According to him, a thing about him that a lot of people are surprised to discover is that he played volleyball for a very long time.
- Mike was recognized as the “artist of the future” by his record label Spinnin’ Records.
- Alongside 3 other Dutch DJs, Brooks, Mesto, and Justin Mylo, he was regarded as one of the pioneers of the ‘future bounce’ genre, which was a subgenre of ‘future house’ genre.
- He considers Tiesto and Armin van Buuren as the most influential DJs, as they started the whole ‘dance’ and ‘EDM’ genre movement and popularization.
- Mike claimed Oliver Heldens is sort of his personal therapist because he always gives him good tips on how to stay relaxed. He told him not to look for individuals in the massive crowd, and to go with the flow.
- On January 5, 2017, as part of the weekend schedule by Dutch radio station SLAM!, he started his own radio show titled Mike Williams on Track, which was also uploaded to his YouTube channel and other popular audio streaming platforms in full.
- According to him, putting all of your music online is the key to success in the industry. The more plays/streams the track gets, the more the record label is interested in an artist, he added.
- He prefers producing from his bedroom in the Netherlands, which isn’t big at all because all he needs is to fit a monitor and a laptop.
- His laptop was stolen in March 2017 from his apartment in Amsterdam, Netherlands, after a thief broke in while he was sleeping. As it had his life’s work as a producer, Mike offered a $2k reward but never clarified whether he got it back.
- Mike traveled across the world in 2017 and played at festivals and events such as Miami Music Week, Tomorrowland, Parookaville, Mysteryland, Creamfields, and Heartfeldt Pool Party.
- In 2017, he was voted as number 60 on the DJ Mag‘s “Top 100” list, which tallied the reader’s votes to make the decision. Mike ended up at number 66 in 2018 at the same DJ Mag list after all the votes were tallied up.
- There was a rumor in July 2018 that DJ Hardwell was dating his sister Michelle, but it was never confirmed or denied.
- Visit his official website @ mikewilliams.nl.
Featured Image by Mike Williams / Instagram