|Morgan Hurd Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 2001|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Morgan Hurd is an American artistic gymnast who is known for her well-executed and dramatic floor routines as well as for having won 4 medals at the USA Gymnastics National Championships during her senior career. Moreover, she has also gained a decent fan base on social media as she enjoys more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Morgan Elizabeth Hurd
Wuzhou, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Middletown, New Castle County, Delaware, United States
Morgan Hurd has trained in gymnastics at First State Gymnastics
- Others – Sherri (Adoptive Mother)
Morgan Hurd is represented by USA Gymnastics.
Women’s artistic gymnastics
4 ft 9 in or 144.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Morgan Hurd is of Chinese descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Wears glasses
- Toned body
Morgan Hurd Favorite Things
Source – USA Today
Morgan Hurd Facts
- She was only 11 months old when she was adopted by her mother Sherri.
- Morgan Hurd got enrolled in gymnastics when she was only a 3-year old.
- In the year 2014, she competed in the Nastia Liukin Cup and was ranked at number #14 as a level 10.
- She wrapped up her journey in the U.S. Classic at the 9th spot on All-Around and 2nd spot on Uneven Bars in 2015.
- Morgan Hurd participated in the American Classic in 2016 and successfully finished 1st in the All-Around.
- It was in 2017 that she turned senior.
- As she made her international debut at the 2017 Stuttgart World Cup, she was placed at number #3 in the all-around after Tabea Alt of Germany and Angelina Melnikova of Russia.
- Morgan Hurd participated in the City of Jesolo Trophy in April 2017 and assisted the United States team to finish first.
- She was ranked at number #6 in the all-around, at number #8 on uneven bars, at number #5 on balance beam, and at number #10 on floor exercise at the P&G National Championships that took place in August 2017.
- Morgan Hurd got the chance to represent the United States at the 2017 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Montreal alongside Ragan Smith, Jade Carey, and Ashton Locklear. At the all-around final, she won with a total score of 55.232 which was 0.1 ahead of silver medalist Ellie Black of Canada and 0.4 ahead of bronze medalist Elena Eremina of Russia.
- She also represented the United States at the 2018 American Cup.
- In April 2018, Morgan Hurd became a part of the team to compete at the 2018 Pacific Rim Gymnastics Championships alongside artistic gymnasts Grace McCallum and Jordan Chiles.
- She also appeared in the music video for the song, Youth, by Canadian singer-songwriter and model, Shawn Mendes, in 2018.
- Morgan Hurd has also been one of the few elite gymnasts who wear glasses during competitions.
- She loves to spend time with her family and friends and keeps her followers updated by uploading several pictures on Instagram.
Featured Image by Morgan Hurd / Instagram