|Paul Ronan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1965|
Paul Ronan is a British actor and director, best known for starring as Sean Phelan in The Devil’s Own movie in 1997, alongside well-known actors such as Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt, and Julia Stiles, as well as playing the character Lenehan in Bloom (2003) alongside Stephen Rea and Angeline Ball. In 2001, Paul was recognized for his role of Edso Dowling in the Ballykissangel TV series and appeared in an Irish drama mini-series titled Rebel Heart the same year. Paul starred in The Tudors TV series in 2009 alongside well-known Hollywood actors such as Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Henry Cavill, and Natalie Dormer.
He also had a role in How I Live Now (2013), where he appeared together with his daughter, a well-known Hollywood actress Saoirse Ronan, as well as Tom Holland. In 1999, he was named the “European Film Promotion Shooting Star” at the Berlin International Film Festival. One of Paul Ronan’s most notable achievements was being a nominee for the 2018 Underground Cinema Award in Ireland, in the category of “Best Supporting Actor” for his acting prowess in Saving Santa (2017).
Paul Anthony Ronan
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Father – Thomas “Tommy” Ronan
- Mother – Úna (née Carson) Ronan
Paul is represented by Macfarlane Chard in Dublin, Ireland.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Monica (née Brennan) Ronan (1992-Present) – The actor married Monica in 1992, and they are in a long and fruitful marriage. They have a daughter together – a well-known Hollywood actress, Saoirse Ronan (b. April 12, 1994), who was inspired to start acting due to Paul’s passion and experience in the industry.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Slicked-back haircut
- Prominent light blue eyes
- Fuller Lips
- Clean shaven or goatee facial hair
Best Known For
- Starring in The Devil’s Own (1997) as Sean Phelan
- Playing the character of Lenehan in Bloom (2003)
- Staring alongside his daughter, Oscar-nominated actress Saoirse Ronan, in How I Live Now (2013)
- Being a part of the cast of Ballykissangel TV Series in 2001
- Playing a character of Liam Lynch in Rebel Heart, an Irish TV mini-series in 2001
Paul made his first theatrical film appearance as a young guy in a car in the movie Faithful in 1996.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Tommy Owen in an episode titled Shadow of a Gunman of the drama show Performance in 1995.
Paul Ronan Facts
- He starred in a short drama film titled 1916, Souls of Freedom (2015) with only 1 other actor, George McMahon.
- Paul had the role of Mangan in When the Sky Falls (2000), a biography about an Irish reporter Sinead Hamilton. His co-star was Liam Cunningham, who played Davos Seaworth in Game of Thrones (2012-2017).
- Paul appeared in Veronica Gerin (2003), a biography about an Irish journalist of the same name, played by Cate Blanchett, and co-starring Colin Farrell.
- His daughter, Saoirse Ronan, was born in New York City, New York, United States, but later moved back to Dublin with Paul and his wife. As a result, she has a dual American and Irish citizenship.
- He co-starred with a fellow Irish actor, Stephen Rea, in the drama Nothing Personal (2009).
- Paul had a notable role of Billy Lynch in Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000), a comedy-crime film starring Kevin Spacey, Peter Mullan, and Stephen Dillane.
- He played the character of Bill Crabtree in Never Grow Old (2019), an action-drama film released on March 15, 2019, starring John Cusack and Emile Hirsch.
- He is not on social media.
Featured Image by maydaymullagh / YouTube