|Peta Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1970|
Peta Wilson is an Australian actress, model, and lingerie designer. She shot to fame due to her role in the television series La Femme Nikita where she played the role of Nikita. She has also appeared in various other TV show and films such as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Somewhere Tonight, Gardens of the Night, Dutch Kills, Jonny Zero, and CSI: Miami. As a lingerie designer, she launched her brand Wylie Wilson in 2012.
Peta Gia Wilson
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Peta Wilson attended an all-girls Catholic school in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Actress, Model, Lingerie Designer
- Father – Darcy Wilson (Former Warrant Officer in the Australian Army)
- Mother – Karlene White Wilson (Caterer)
- Siblings – Rob Wilson (Brother) (Army Truck Driver)
Peta Wilson is managed by Rough Diamond Management, Llc. (Talent Management Company), California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Peta Wilson has dated –
- Mick Jagger (1990) – She had a brief encounter with singer Mick Jagger in 1990.
- Damian Harris (1997-2002) – Peta and director Damian Harris started dating in 1997. They lived together until their 2002 separation. They have a son together named Marlowe Harris-Wilson (b. February 2002).
- Russel Crowe (2000-2001) – She started dating actor Russel Crowe in 2000. They dated for almost a year before breaking up in 2001.
- Dan Wyllie (2005-2007) – Peta and actor Dan Wyllie started dating in 2005. They dated for about 2 years before breaking up in 2007.
- Aaron Jeffery (2007-2008) – Peta and actor Aaron Jeffery dated from 2007 to 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep Sultry Voice
- Beauty mark under the right eye
- Ultra-intense eyes
- Statuesque figure
Peta Wilson has endorsed brands such as –
- Serengeti Padova Eyewear
- Wylie Brand (her own lingerie fashion line)
Best Known For
- Her roles in films such as The Sadness of S*x (1998), The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003), Somewhere Tonight (2011), Gardens of the Night (2007), Dutch Kills (2015), among others
- Appearing on TV shows such as La Femme Nikita (1997-2001), Jonny Zero (2005), CSI: Miami (2010), among others
- Being a model in Australia and Europe
- Being a lingerie fashion designer
Peta Wilson made her feature film debut in the 1995 film Naked Jane.
First TV Show
Peta Wilson made her TV show debut playing the character of an Inspector on the TV series Highlander in 1996.
Peta Wilson Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Painting and Gardening
- Fitness Routine – Yoga, Scuba Diving, Horseback Riding, Swimming, Cricket
- Body Care Routine – Acupuncture, Alternative Medicine
Source – IMDb
Peta Wilson Facts
- She battled Anorexia at the age of 17.
- She appeared on the October 1997 issue of Details magazine with Carmen Electra, Jamie Luner, Melissa Joan Hart, Garcelle Beauvais, Yasmine Bleeth, Alyssa Milano, and Jeri Ryan.
- Peta played the part of Mina Harker in the 2003 movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a role that was meant to be played by Monica Bellucci.
- The TV series La Femme Nikita saw her get a number of industry nominations including Gemini Award in the “Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role” category, OFTA Television Award in the “Best Actress in a Cable Series” category, and Saturn Award in the “Best Genre TV Actress” category all in 1998.
- She went on to get other nominations in 1999 and 2003 such as Gemini Award “Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role” category for her role in La Femme Nikita and Saturn Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category for her role in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- She has lived in Papua New Guinea because of her father’s job.
- Her parents divorced in 1982.
- In 1991, she moved to Los Angeles and studied acting at the Actors Circle Theatre and TomKat Repertory Group under Arthur Mendoza and Tom Waits respectively.
- Arthur Mendoza is credited with shaping her as an actress.
- Instead of continuing her acting studies in New York, she decided to audition for a television show that was to be produced for the USA cable TV channel in North America. The show was La Femme Nikita, and she was offered the part out of 200 aspiring actresses.
- What set her apart in the auditions was her Anglo version of Nikita. Her version was so good that it totally captured the American audiences and has been replicated in other TV and movie roles. Canadian and American companies produced the series. Most of the scenes were shot in Toronto, Ontario.
- In 1999, she lived in an apartment building in Brooklyn Heights with producer Andrew S. Karsch and Barry Scheck, O.J. Simpson‘s former attorney.
- She went back to Australia when the series, La Femme Nikita ended in 2001.
- The father of her son, Damian Harris is the son of Richard Harris, the movie legend.
- She met Russian president Vladimir Putin when she went to the International Film Festival in Moscow. He said that he was a big fan of hers.
- Her character in the 2002 TV movie, Joe and Max was based on the real-life actress Anny Ondra.
- Her role in the short film Liberator (2012) won her the “Best Actress” award at the Cinerockom International Film Festival.
- She is a lingerie designer and her lingerie label is named Wylie Wilson with the flagship store in Los Angeles, California.
- She does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by Hollywood Archive / YouTube