|Qandeel Baloch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1990|
Qandeel Baloch was a Pakistani model, actress, social media celebrity, and activist who became a sensational figure with her social media uploads as well as with the video of her audition for Pakistan Idol that went viral in 2013. She challenged the mindsets of those around her and often addressed controversial issues. However, she met an unfortunate end as she was strangled to death by her brother as an act of “honor killing”.
She was born on March 1, 1990.
Qandeel Baloch was drugged and then asphyxiated by her brother M. Waseem at the age of 26 on July 15, 2016, in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan.
Shah Sadar Din
Dera Ghazi Khan, Punjab, Pakistan
Social Media Celebrity, Model, Actress, Activist
- Father – Muhammad Azeem
- Mother – Anwar Bibi
- Siblings – Waseem Azeem (Brother). She had 5 other brothers and 2 sisters.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Qandeel Baloch had dated –
- Aashiq Hussain – She was 17 years old when she was married to Aashiq Hussain, Qandeel’s mother’s cousin, in 2008. They had a son and Qandeel Baloch suffered both physical and mental abuse in the marriage. Hence, she left her family and moved to Karachi.
Race / Ethnicity
Qandeel Baloch was of Pakistani descent.
- Large eyes
- Pierced ears
Qandeel Baloch Facts
- She was raised in an underprivileged family.
- Before she gained popularity in the media, Qandeel Baloch used to work as a bus hostess.
- Her murder was condemned by people from all over the world including celebrities such as Madonna, Khloé Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, former British Prime Minister Theresa May, Jamie Lee Curtis, Rakhi Sawant, Imran Khan, Reham Khan, Sanam Baloch, and Ali Zafar.
- Qandeel Baloch was a bold and outspoken woman who used her voice to speak about issues related to women in her country. She once cited Sunny Leone, Rakhi Sawant, and Poonam Pandey as her inspirations.
- She was concerned about her security and feared for her life. Also, she tried getting help from the police but her efforts went in vain.
- Her brother and murderer, Waseem, confessed his wicked acts stating “she [Qandeel Baloch] was bringing disrepute to our family’s honor and I could not tolerate it any further. I killed her around 11:30 p.m. on Friday night when everyone else had gone to bed. My brother is not involved in the murder.”
Featured Image by Qandeel Baloch / Facebook