Raekwon the Chef, Raekwon, Lou Diamonds, Lex Diamonds, Shallah
Staten Island, New York, United States
Raekwon’s formal education information isn’t available.
Rapper and actor
- Father – Raekwon was raised without a father.
- Mother – Andrea Woods
- Siblings – Kareen ‘Kay’ Woods (Older Brother) (Manager and CEO of ICE H20 records). He has one more brother and a sister.
Raekwon is represented by –
- DonPerrion Woods.
- Gold Point Management.
He was previously managed by his brother, Kareen Woods.
Ice H2O Records, EMI Music
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raekwon has dated
- Tabatha Lewis – Raekwon first met Tabatha Lewis in 1994. She was a senior in high school at that time and Raekwon was performing in North Carolina. Lewis would later give birth to his daughter, Cori Andrea Woods. In September 2012, it was revealed that Tabitha was homeless and lost custody of her child to Raekwon. She alleged that while she was pregnant with his child, he was already sleeping with some other girl. He intentionally kept her away from the spotlight as per Tabatha.
- Raekwon has a son by the name of Jabairi from a relationship with his longtime girlfriend. However, he has refused to disclose his girlfriend’s identity and has rarely attended public events with her.
Race / Ethnicity
- Plump face
- Short cropped hairstyle
- Neatly trimmed beard
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 40 in or 102 cm
Raekwon has done a radio commercial for fruit flavored drink, Fruitopia.
In 2009, he converted to Islam.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular rap group Wu-Tang Clan, which has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide.
- Being one of the leading exponents of Mafioso Rap.
- The immense acclaim garnered by his studio album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. II.
In 1995, he released his debut studio album, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) was his rap group Wu Tang Clan’s debut studio album. It was released in 1993 to widespread commercial success.
As an actor, in 1999, Raekwon made his first film appearance in a minor role in the crime drama movie, Black & White.
First TV Show
In 2003, Raekwon made his TV show debut in French Connection episode of action drama TV mini-series, Kingpin.
Raekwon’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Raekwon Favorite Things
- His Songs – Eye for Eye (Your Beef Is Mines) from The Infamous (1995), Glaciers of Ice from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (1995), Box in Hand from Ironman (1996), John Blaze from Don Cartagena (1998), Skew It on the Bar-B from Aquemini (1998), 100 Rounds from Immobilarity (1999), Casablanca from Immobilarity (1999), Let My Niggas Live from The W (2000), Fire Water from Endangered Species (2001) and many more.
- Music Albums – The Great Adventures of Slick Rick (By Slick Rick (1988)), Supreme Clientele (By Ghostface Killah (2000)), Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (By Raekwon (1995)), Doggystyle (By Snoop Dogg (1993)), Life After Death (By The Notorious BIG (1997)), Hell on Earth (By Mobb Deep (1996)), My Life (By Mary J. Blige (1994)), Follow the Leader (By Eric B & Rakim (1988)) and many more.
- Things to Cook – Chicken Fingers, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Lemon Fish, Steak and Fried Chicken
- Food – Tacos, Burritos, Pizza, and Pasta
- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Single – North Star
Source – Vulture, Consequence of Sound, Food and Wine, Spin
- In November 2015, a federal court revealed that Raekwon and his Wu Tang group mate RZA were investigated by FBI for their alleged connection to the murder of two drug dealers in Staten Island in 1999.
- In April 2007, he and fellow Wu Tang member RZA had a mini feud after the latter claimed that Raekwon had disappeared from the recording of the new album. In return, Raekwon accused RZA of compromising of Wu Tang quality and creating mediocre music.
- He has established his own record label, ICEH20 Records, which is run by his brother Kay.
- In 2007, he was included in the list featuring the Top 50 MCs of Our Time (1987–2007) by About.com.
- He and his close friend and collaborator Ghostface Killah had decided to record his iconic album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… in Barbados as they wanted to be somewhere tranquil where they could work with the clear mind.
- Raekwon had to shift from Barbados to Miami to work on his album because he and Ghostface faced racism there. They weren’t allowed to stay in the hotel as well.
- He wasn’t interested in working on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. II because he is not a fan of music album sequels. But he had to cave in as his fans had been asking it for years.
- Although he collaborated with the legendary rapper The Notorious B.I.G. for single Stop the Breaks, they had a long-running feud as they regularly dissed each other in their songs.
- In September 2009, the MTV named him on the list featuring “10 Hottest MCs in the game”.
- The popular hip-hop website HipHopDx declared him Emcee of the Year in 2009.
- Visit his official website @ raekwondachef.com.
- Listen from him on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, YouTube VEVO, and Google+ VEVO.