|Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1954|
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a Turkish politician known for having served as the 12th president of the Republic of Turkey while also serving as the Prime Minister of Turkey from 2003 to 2014. Moreover, he topped the “World’s 500 Most Influential Muslims 2019” list from the Jordan-based Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
Kasımpaşa, Beyoğlu, Istanbul, Turkey
Presidential Complex, Ankara, Turkey
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan studied at institutions like Kasımpaşa Piyale Primary School, İmam Hatip School, and Eyüp High School. As per his official biography, he then attended the Aksaray School of Economics and Commercial Sciences (later known as Marmara University‘s Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences) and studied Business Administration.
- Father – Ahmet Erdoğan
- Mother – Tenzile Erdoğan (née Mutlu)
- Siblings – Mustafa (Younger Brother), Vesile (Younger Sister)
- Others – Mehmet (Older Half Brother) (1926-1988), Hasan (Older Half Brother) (1929-2006), Selçuk Bayraktar (Son-In-Law, Sümeyye’s Husband) (Defense Industrialist Engineer)
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has dated –
- Emine Erdoğan (1978-Present) – He got married to Emine Erdoğan on July 4, 1978, and they parent 4 children – 2 sons named Ahmet Burak Erdoğan (b. July 4, 1979) and Bilal Erdoğan (b. April 23, 1981) and 2 daughters named Esra Erdoğan (b. 1983) and Sümeyye Erdoğan (b. August 22, 1985).
Race / Ethnicity
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is of Turkish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Sports a mustache
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Facts
- On June 1, 2006, the President of the Russian Federation honored him with the State medal.
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said that empowering LGBT people in Turkey was “against the values of our nation”.
- He has been in denial of the Armenian genocide and has suggested several times that Turkey would acknowledge the mass killings of up to 1.5 million Armenians during World War I as genocide only after a thorough investigation by a joint Turkish-Armenian commission consisting of historians, archaeologists, political scientists and other experts.
- Regarding the I Apologize campaign started by Turkish intellectuals to recognize the Armenian Genocide, he said, “I neither accept nor support this campaign. We did not commit a crime, therefore we do not need to apologize … It will not have any benefit other than stirring up trouble, disturbing our peace and undoing the steps which have been taken”.
- In May 2023, Recep Tayyip Erdogan was re-elected as the President of Turkey.
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has garnered a massive fan base on social media with more than 16 million followers on Twitter, more than 10 million followers on Facebook, more than 8 million followers on Instagram, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Featured Image by Mikhail Palinchak / Official website of President of Ukraine / CC BY 4.0