|Rinku Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rinku Singh is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his home state of Uttar Pradesh (2014-Present) and Central Zone in the Indian domestic circuit across all 3 formats, as a middle-order batter. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), Rinku has turned out for Kings XI Punjab (2017) and Kolkata Knight Riders (2018-Present).
Rinku Khanchand Singh
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Father – Khanchandra Singh (Former worker in an LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) cylinder distribution company)
- Mother – Vina Devi
- Siblings – Jeetu Singh (Brother), Neha (Sister). He has 2 other siblings.
- 3 – Kings XI Punjab (IPL)
- 35 – Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a thin beard
- Has his right forearm covered in tattoos
Rinku Singh Facts
- Born in a working-class family, Rinku grew up in tough financial conditions. Before deciding to pursue a cricket career, he had even considered getting a job as a sweeper (in his teenage years) to support his family financially.
- He first came into the spotlight when he finished as the highest run-scorer for Uttar Pradesh in the group stage of the 2018-19 season of the Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in India) – with 803 runs to his name in just 9 matches. Rinku finished the tournament with 953 runs in 10 matches overall.
- In May 2019, he was suspended for 3 months by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India), the governing body for the sport in the country, for having participated in an unsanctioned T20 Tournament in the United Arab Emirates without having sought prior permission from the board.
- In April 2023, Rinku smoked 5 sixes off the last 5 balls in an IPL match against defending champions Gujarat Titans – to successfully chase down a seemingly impossible 28 runs that were required to win the match off those last 5 balls. Incredibly, he was batting at just 8 runs off 14 balls only a few moments ago but smashed a scarcely believable 40 runs off the next 7 balls that he faced to guide the Kolkata Knight Riders to one of the most incredible IPL wins of all time. He was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his once-in-a-lifetime performance.
- Rinku’s 5 sixes off the last 5 balls against Yash Dayal in this match made him just the 4th player to have hit 5 sixes in an over (a set of 6 consecutive legal deliveries bowled by the same bowler) in an IPL match. The previous 3 instances were – Chris Gayle against Rahul Sharma in 2012, Rahul Tewatia against Sheldon Cottrell in 2020, and Ravindra Jadeja against Harshal Patel in 2021.
- The 31 Runs (30 of those were scored by Rinku) that the Kolkata Knight Riders registered in the last over of this match were the most by any team in the 20th (final) over to win a men’s T20 match. The previous highest such tally was 26 runs by the Deccan Chargers against, interestingly, the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2009 – when 21 runs were needed for a victory in the last over.
Featured Image by Rinku Singh / Instagram