|Rob Riggle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1970|
Rob Riggle is a successful American actor, comedian, and retired United States Marine Corps Reserve Officer. He is known for his works in Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, NTSF:SD:SUV::, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Step Brothers, The Hangover, Dumb and Dumber To, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, True Memoirs of an International Assassin, and 12 Strong. He has been a part of the Marine Corps Reserve for 23 years. Rob has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Robert Allen Riggle Jr.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Rob Riggle studied in Shawnee Mission South High School, in Overland Park, Kansas and graduated in 1988. After that, he attended the University of Kansas and graduated with a B.A. in Theater and Film in 1992.
Later, he obtained a degree in Master of Public Administration from Webster University in 1997.
Actor, Comedian, Retired United States Marine Corps Reserve Officer
- Father – Robert Allen Riggle
- Mother – Sandra Riggle
- Others – Fred Eldred Shrout (Maternal Grandfather), Frederick/Fred Miller Shrout (Maternal Great Grandfather), Alma Frances Bear (Maternal Great Grandmother), Helen Forrest/Virginia Reavis (Maternal Grandmother), Edwin Forrest Reavis (Maternal Great Grandfather), Augusta Melvina Jones (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Rob Riggle is managed by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Principato-Young Entertainment, Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Rogers & Cowan, Publicist, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Riggle has dated –
- Tiffany Riggle – Rob was in a relationship with interior designer Tiffany Riggle for a while. The couple tied the knot in 2000. They are blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Abby Riggle and a son named George Riggle. They separated on May 2, 2020. Tiffany filed for divorce after over 2 decades of marriage in October 2020. In June 2021, Rob accused Tiffany of taking his cash and spying on him via a hidden camera.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, and Scottish ancestry.
- Thick eyebrows
- Tends to wear a baseball cap
- Tall figure
Rob Riggle has either endorsed or appeared in commercials for brands like –
- Budweiser (2008)
- Youth Reckless Driving Prevention (2009)
- Holiday Inn Express (2017)
Best Known For
His performances in Comedy Central’s The Daily Show (2006-2008), Saturday Night Live (2004-2005), NTSF:SD:SUV:: (2011–2013) as President of the Navy, and films like The Hangover (2009) as Officer Franklin, The Other Guys (2010) as Martin, Let’s Be Cops (2014) as Officer Segars, 21 Jump Street (2012) as Mr. Walters, and Step Brothers (2008) as Randy
In 2003, he made his feature film debut in the drama film Once Brothers as Pete.
In 2012, he lent his voice for the character of Mr. O’Hare in the animated comedy film The Lorax.
First TV Show
In 1998, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy series Upright Citizens Brigade as a Security Guard.
In 2009, he made his debut as a voice actor on the animated comedy series American Dad! as Harvey Lissel.
Rob Riggle leads an active life and works out regularly. As a retired Marine, he is used to hard conditions of training. Rob often participates in marathons. He trains by running for about 3 miles or more. He also does a lot of swimming and biking.
Rob does not follow any specific diet.
Rob Riggle Favorite Things
- War Film – Black Hawk Down (2001), 12 Strong (2018)
- Film Of All Times – Caddyshack (1980)
- Place At Home – A small seating area outside the home office.
- Meal By Mom – Kentucky Hot Brown (Turkey with bacon on a toast loaded with cheese sauce and then baked)
- Album – AC/DC’s Back in Black
- All-Time Favorite Book – How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Favorite Moment From The Daily Show – Performing for the troops in Iraq in 2007
- Favorite Skit From Saturday Night Live – When he played Leviticus on Weekend Update
- Quote – Great things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle
- Charity – Big Slick
Source – Task And purpose, Military, LA Times, Us Magazine
Rob Riggle Facts
- At the Shawnee Mission South High School, he was involved in the school’s radio and TV station activities.
- While in high school, he was voted the most humorous student.
- At the University of Kansas, he was a member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
- He received his pilot’s license in 1990. He decided to get one after having a discussion with his grandfather.
- At the age of 19, he joined the Marine Corps.
- He worked as the Public Affairs Officer with the United States Marine Corps Reserve attaining the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and earning more than 19 medals and ribbons during his tenure.
- As a Marine Corps officer, he has served in Liberia, Kosovo, and Afghanistan.
- In 2016, he participated in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and finished with a time of 05:33:52.
- In the case of the zombie apocalypse, he advises that it would be ideal to get to high ground with lots of ammo, or get in a boat and live off the fish.
- According to him, only those who are thick-skinned can handle being yelled at or tolerate harsh language, and can handle tough stuff should join the military.
- His go-to MRE (Meal, Ready-To-Eat) is chili mac or chicken and rice.
- His most admired comedians include George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Sam Kinison, Denis Leary, and more.
- He is involved with many organizations including ENOUGH Project, Entertainment Industry Foundation, Friars Foundation, James R. Jordan Foundation, Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation, and Make-A-Wish Foundation, among others.
- Overall, he doesn’t consider himself good at cooking. However, he is good at cooking hamburgers and chicken.
- At 11, he had his first job which was to mow the lawns. He made $15 to mow a large lawn. He was mowing 2 large lawns a day.
- His first big purchase was the Volkswagen Passat car.
- His interest in comedy and acting was aroused after watching Eddie Murphy in Delirious.
- He used to play the trumpet but he wasn’t able to read the music. Hence, he couldn’t pursue ahead in his music career.
- Bill Murray is his career icon.
- Jennifer Aniston is one of his dream co-stars.
- Rob regrets that he didn’t learn a second language.
- Rob likes reading self-help books.
- He loves playing cards.
- He was starstruck after meeting Tom Brady and Robert De Niro on SNL.
- Previously, he used to play football.
- Along with Paul Rudd, he works annually with the charity Big Slick.
Featured Image by Steve Terrell / Flickr / CC BY-2.0