|Rodney Dangerfield Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1921|
|Date of Death||October 5, 2004|
Rodney Dangerfield was an American actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter, and producer who is best remembered for giving memorable performances in hit movies like Caddyshack (1980), Back To School (1986), Easy Money (1983), Natural Born Killers (1994), Ladybugs (1992), etc.
Jacob Rodney Cohen
Rodney Dangerfield, Jack Roy
He was born on November 22, 1921.
On October 5, 2004, he died from complications a few weeks after having a heart valve surgery in Los Angeles, California. He was 82 years old at that time.
Deer Park, New York, United States
Rodney graduated from Richmond Hill High School in 1939.
Actor, Screenwriter, Producer, Stand-up Comedian
- Father – Phillip Cohen (Vaudevillian Performer)
- Mother – Dorothy ‘Dotty’ Teitelbaum
- Siblings – He had 1 sister.
Self-Deprecation, One-Liners, Observational Comedy, Black Comedy, Insult Comedy, Surreal Humor
At the time of his death, Rodney Dangerfield’s net worth was $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He had dated –
- Joyce Indig (1951-1961; 1963-1970) – The singer Joyce Indig and Rodney were married twice; first from October 3, 1951, until 1961 and then again from 1963 until 1970. During their time together, they welcomed a son named Brian Roy (b. 1960) and a daughter named Melanie Roy-Friedman.
- Joan Child (1993-2004) – He was married to Joan Child, who ran a flower shop on Santa Monica Beach, from December 26, 1993, until his death on October 5, 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
He had Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
- His catchphrase, “I don’t get no respect!”
- Frequently played belligerent losers on screen
- Mole on his face
- He had bulging eyes due to Graves disease.
Rodney Dangerfield had endorsed brands like –
- Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches (1998)
- Wickes Furniture (2000)
- Miller Lite Beer (1984)
- GladWare (2002)
- Pilot Fine Point Marker Pens (1982)
- Pepsi-Cola (featuring Cindy Crawford and Michael Richards) (1994)
- Best Western Motels
- WLS Musicradio 89 (1981)
Rodney Dangerfield Facts
- In March 1995, Rodney became the first ever Hollywood celebrity to have his own website (www.rodney.com).
- After struggling for many years with little success, Rodney quit the show business in 1949. He went on to build a profitable home improvement business for the next decade and returned to acting with a string of hit films starting in the early 1960s.
- He opened a comedy club in New York City called Dangerfield’s and the venue was used to film numerous HBO comedy specials by talented comedians like Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne Barr, Tim Allen, Louie Anderson, Bob Saget, Rita Rudner, Sam Kinison, etc.
- Dangerfield was ranked at #36 on Entertainment Weekly‘s list of ’50 Funniest People Alive’ in 1997.
Featured Image by Jim Accordino / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0 DEED