|Salem Al Fakir Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1981|
Salem Al Fakir is a Swedish musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer who has been one-half of the songwriting and production duo named Vargas and Lagola, alongside Vincent Pontare. The duo had worked with several artists including Avicii, Axwell & Ingrosso, Madonna, Seinabo Sey, and Lady Gaga. Over the years, Vargas and Lagola has released many albums and songs such as The Butterfly Effect, Mount Alda, Dolores (The Awakening), Roads, As Long As I Have To, Since 99, Selfish, Suddenly, Always, Somebody That Understands Me (ft. Ludwig Göransson), Big Hearted, and Hurts to Be Hurt. Moreover, Salem Al Fakir has also released music as a solo artist and his discography consists of albums and tracks like This Is Who I Am, Ignore This, Dream Girl, Astronaut, Roxy, Good Song, Keep On Walking, I’m So Happy (ft. Josephine Bornebusch), Split My Personality, 4 O’Clock, and It’s Only You, Part 2.
Lars Salem Al Fakir
Damien Adore, Lagola
Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Salem Al Fakir went to the Södra Latin School. At Södra, he learned to play piano and violin.
He was enrolled to take classes at the Adolf Fredrik’s Music School in Stockholm.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Nabil Al Fakir (Emigrant from Damascus)
- Mother – Carolina Lavenius
- Siblings – Salem is the fourth of his 5 siblings. Aminah Al Fakir (Older Sister), Ayman Al Fakir (Older Brother), Nassim Al Fakir (Older Brother) (Comedian, Musician, and Presenter), Sami Al Fakir (Younger Brother), Fares Al Fakir (Younger Brother)
- Others – Gerhard Vilhelm Rudolf Johansson (later Rudolf Gerhard Vilhelm Jarsén) (Maternal Grandfather), Ingrid Andersson (Maternal Grandmother)
Salem Al Fakir has been signed up with Universal Music Publishing Group Scandinavia.
Soul, pop, jazz, dance, EDM
Vocals, drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, violin
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm (Approx)
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Salem Al Fakir has dated –
- Caroline Lavenius (2012-Present) – Salem Al Fakir got married to Caroline Lavenius in January 2012. They had been dating for quite some time by then. Their wedding reception was held at their apartment in Vasastan, Stockholm. Also, she was already pregnant at the time of their wedding. In March 2012, Salem’s press office announced that Caroline has given birth to a daughter, Greta.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Syrian ancestry on his father’s side, whereas, he is of Swedish descent on his mother’s side.
- Curly hair
- Blue eyes
Best Known For
- The popularity of his song, It’s True, which was later remixed by iconic Swedish house duo, Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso
- Having served as a vocalist for Swedish DJ Avicii’s two singles, You make Me and Silhouettes. These two songs were Gold and Platinum-certified in many countries.
In 2007, Salem released his debut studio album, This Is Who I Am, which went on to top the Swedish album charts.
First TV Show
In 2007, he made his first TV show appearance as himself in the popular Swedish game show, BingoLotto.
Salem Al Fakir Favorite Things
- Music Genre – Punk Rock
Source – Let’s Sing It
Salem Al Fakir Facts
- Salem started taking violin lessons at the age of 4. At the same age, he started playing music on their family piano.
- In his early childhood, he had formed a music group with his younger brother Sami Al Fakir under the name of “Simon and Simon”. At that stage, he was also writing choir arrangements.
- While growing up, Salem and his siblings weren’t allowed to hang around in the neighborhood. So, he used to spend most of his time honing his skills with various musical instruments.
- At the age of 14, he toured across Russia as a solo violinist. He eventually returned to Sweden to learn jazz piano.
- In September 2007, it was announced that Salem was one of the budding music artists to be awarded the Monica Zetterlund scholarship, which has been set up in the memory of the late Swedish jazz singer.
- His first EP Dream Girl evolved from the demo, he had created in his home’s basement. Apparently, he had got fed up from practicing and studying and had locked himself in the basement to create something special.
- He took his demo to Klas Lunding, who is one of the top Swedish A&Rs. Lunding immediately signed him up.
- On March 18, 2009, he released his 2nd studio album Astronaut and it peaked at number #7 on the Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) chart.
- Apart from being skilled at playing regular music instruments such as keyboards, drums, piano, and bass, Salem is also adept at playing obscure instruments such as xylophone.
- In 2010, his 3rd studio album Ignore This was released and it peaked at number #1 on the Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) chart. It includes songs like Don’t Wanna Talk About It, The Song I Never Wrote, Red Rock, Keep on Walking, Bloody Breakfast, I’m So Happy, and Part Of It.