|Savannah Guthrie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1971|
Savannah Guthrie is an American broadcast journalist and attorney who is best known as the main co-anchor, a position she was given for the first time in July 2012, of the popular NBC News morning show Today.
Savannah Clark Guthrie
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
New York City, New York, United States
Savannah had graduated from the Amphitheater High School (Amphi High), a public school in Tucson, Arizona. After her high school graduation, she had joined The University of Arizona, a public land-grant research university in Tucson, Arizona. She had graduated cum laude from there in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism.
A few years later, she had enrolled herself with The Georgetown University Law Center, one of the professional graduate schools of Georgetown University, a private Jesuit research university in Washington, D.C. She had graduated magna cum laude from there in 2002 with a Juris Doctor degree.
Broadcast Journalist, Attorney
- Father – Charles Errol Guthrie (Mining Engineer) (d. 1987)
- Mother – Nancy Guthrie (née Long)
- Siblings – Annie Guthrie (Older Sister), Charles ‘Camron’ Guthrie (Older Brother) (Former Pilot with the Vermont Air National Guard)
- Others – Clyde Guthrie (Paternal Grandfather), Edythe Draffen (Paternal Grandmother), Pierce F. Long (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Ann McDermott (Maternal Grandmother)
In 2020, Savannah Guthrie’s net worth was $30 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Savannah has dated –
- Mark Orchard (2005–2009) – Savannah had first met BBC News presenter Mark Orchard while they were covering the Michael Jackson trial. They started dating soon after and got married in December 2005. They eventually got divorced in May 2009.
- Michael Feldman (2009-Present) – Savannah began dating political and communications consultant Michael Feldman in late 2009 after meeting him, during a vacation, on The Turks and Caicos Islands. They became engaged in 2013 and got married on March 15, 2014, in Tucson, Arizona. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Vale Guthrie Feldman (b. August 13, 2014) and a son named Charles Max Feldman (b. December 8, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish, English, German, Scottish, and distant Dutch and French descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or auburn.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
Savannah Guthrie Facts
- She was named after her great-grandmother.
- Born in Melbourne, Australia, to American parents who were living there as her father was posted there, her family had returned to the United States when she was 2 years old. They had settled in Tucson, Arizona upon return.
- In 2018, she was inducted into the inaugural class of the ‘School of Journalism Hall of Fame’ of her alma mater, The University of Arizona.
- She had appeared as ‘herself’ in the series finale of the satirical sitcom 30 Rock (2013) and the action-horror comedy film Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015).
- She has authored 2 children’s books titled Princesses wear Pants and Princesses Save the World.
- In 2018, she had participated in an exhibition doubles tennis match where she had teamed up with American professional tennis player Jack Sock against Roger Federer and Bill Gates.
- She has an irrational fear of frogs.
- In January 2022, it was revealed that Savannah had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In February 2023, during the shooting of Today, Savannah was forced to leave the studio mid-show after a medical diagnosis. It was later revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Savannah Guthrie / Instagram