|Sierra Furtado Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1993|
Sierra Furtado is a Canadian YouTube star, social media personality, and writer who is best known for uploading videos based on fashion, makeup, pranks, trends, DIYs, and her daily life on her self-titled YouTube channel. She also runs a collaborative channel with Alex Terranova which is named ‘Sierra and Alex’. Apart from her life as a social media personality, she has also authored a book titled Life Uploaded: A Novel. Sierra Furtado joined YouTube on October 24, 2012, and the first video that she uploaded on her channel was titled ‘What I got for Christmas 2012’. She has also garnered a huge social media fan base with her interesting YouTube videos and Instagram uploads and enjoys more than 3 million subscribers on her self-titled YouTube channel, more than a million subscribers on her collaborative channel with Alex Terranova, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Twitter, and more than 40k followers on Facebook. Her videos on her eponymous YouTube channel have also accumulated more than 200 million views.
Sierra Marie Furtado
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sierra Furtado attended the Concordia University which is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
YouTube Star, Social Media Personality, Writer
- Father – Angelo Furtado
- Mother – Louise Furtado
- Siblings – Amanda Furtado (Older Sister), Corbin Furtado (Brother)
- Others – Angelo Furtado (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Do Carmo (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Biddleston (Maternal Grandfather), Connie (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sierra Furtado has dated –
- Josh Tryhane (2011-2015) – Sierra went out with YouTuber Josh Tryhane who also happens to be the son of Sierra’s mother’s friend. He is a Vancouver-based YouTuber who appeared in many of Sierra’s videos as well. They started dating on March 22, 2011, and have also collaborated on a number of YouTube videos for their respective channels and came out with a video titled ‘RELATIONSHIP GOALS!’ in May 2015 which was based on different types of couples. However, things did not work out for them and Sierra Furtado and Josh Tryhane parted ways after dating for more than 4 years in 2015.
- Alex Terranova (2016-2019) – Alex Terranova is an Instagram star and YouTube personality who was in a loving relationship with Sierra Furtado. They had met in 2016 and he used to call her his ‘little je t’aime’ which literally translates to ‘little I love you’ and basically makes no sense but Sierra found it cute. Alex Terranova and Sierra Furtado were together for a couple of years and got engaged on May 24, 2017. He was often seen in Sierra’s Instagram uploads as well as in her videos that she uploaded on her YouTube channel. They also attended the wedding of Sierra’s older sister, Amanda Furtado. The couple also parented a dog named Penny and a Persian cat named Louise. They separated in July 2019 after spending over 3 years together.
- Sam Winkler (2020-Present) – Towards the end of 2020, Sierra started dating tech entrepreneur and investor, Sam Winkler who is the co-founder of Liquipel. Liquipel develops screen guards for phones, tablets, and other wearable devices. In August 2022, she announced her engagement with Sam which had happened on July 21, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Sierra Furtado is of Portuguese and English descent.
She often highlights her hair in ‘blonde’.
- Pouty lips
- Lean physique
- Almond eyes
- Gorgeous hair
Sierra Furtado has either endorsed or promoted a large number of brands such as Garnier USA, Pantene Pro-V, Simple Skincare, Garage Clothing, SeatGeek, Lulus, Clinique, Dole Packaged Foods, Stella Artois, OLAY, Sunglass Hut, Origins, Dunkin’ Donuts, Macy’s, Google, Sephora, and many more.
Best Known For
- Uploading videos based on fashion, makeup, pranks, trends, DIYs, and her daily life on her self-titled YouTube channel
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million subscribers on her YouTube channel, more than a million subscribers on her collaborative channel with Alex Terranova titled ‘Sierra and Alex’, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Twitter, and more than 40k followers on Facebook
First Web Show
Sierra Furtado made her first web show appearance as herself in an episode, titled YouTubers React to YouTube Rewind 2015, of the comedy reality series, YouTubers React, in January 2016.
Sierra Furtado stays fit by maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle. She is not that much of a gym person and rather enjoys doing home workouts which include doing some cardio exercises like burpees, high knees, squats, and jumping jacks, dancing, doing some stretching exercises, and practicing yoga. Yoga also helps her release stress and calm down.
Sierra also loves to run as well as go on hikes. While running, she makes sure to put on some good music and also ties back her hair because it irritates her when her hair covers her face while running. Moreover, to work out her core, she indulges in exercises like crunches, sit-ups, planks, and leg raises.
In one of her YouTube videos, Sierra Furtado advised her fans to be more organized to be able to continue living a healthier lifestyle and also make a list of their favorite exercises to do. According to her, working out 3 days a week is sufficient enough but that may also vary from person to person.
As far as her diet is concerned, Sierra does follow any particular diet and focuses on adding healthier products in her meals rather than just counting and cutting down on calories. She is of the idea that focusing on calories and eating less only makes things worse and one ends up eating more than he/she should have. She also keeps herself hydrated by drinking a lot of water throughout the day and has also claimed that this habit of hers has helped her keep various skin problems at bay. Sierra snacks on berries and yogurt. In one of her videos, Sierra Furtado also shared a recipe of a healthy smoothie that was prepared using spinach, kale, orange juice, pineapples, and apples.
One additional workout tip that the diva has for her fans is to wear some cute gym wear. The idea behind this is that if you feel happy and confident, it will motivate you to do more exercises and also maybe a tougher workout.
Sierra Furtado Favorite Things
- Foundation – Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation
- Highlighter – Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- Workout – Yoga
- Toy As A Kid – Furbies
- Thing About Canada – The country makes her feel safe and secure
- TV Shows – The Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Hart of Dixie, Pretty Little Liars, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette
Sierra Furtado Facts
- She grew up between Kelowna and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- In 2016, Sierra Furtado was cast in the recurring role of The Heiress in the fantasy adventure game-show series, Escape the Night.
- She is a very organized person and likes making to-do lists because she believes that they keep her motivated and more excited about life.
- Sierra is totally obsessed with the American dating and relationship reality television series, The Bachelor.
- She has also collaborated with fellow YouTubers like Meredith Foster, Eva Gutowski, Mia Stammer, and Alisha Marie for the Girls Night In tour which featured activities like face-to-face interactions, games, and contests.
- Once during her childhood years, her Furby caught on fire and also started talking at the same time which was kind of scary. After the incident, she never got another Furby even though it was her favorite toy.
- Sierra Furtado is fluent in both English and French.
- Growing up, her least favorite thing about Canada was that it did not have everything that America already had.
- If she ever won a lottery, Sierra Furtado would buy a lifetime supply of cookies.
- She dislikes shady people as well as the ones who brag a lot.
- If Sierra Furtado had to choose between a frog-sized whale and a whale-sized frog, she would definitely go for the frog-sized whale because it will be so cool to see a whale chilling in a bowl on a table in her house.
- Sierra Furtado became a dog mommy in September 2018 when she got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Penny.
- She has also written a book titled Life Uploaded: A Novel.
- She also has a Persian cat named Louise who also has its own Instagram account.
Featured Image by Sierra Furtado / Instagram
Sierra dated MLB player Jacob Nix at the beginning of 2020.