|Slim Jxmmi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1993|
Slim Jxmmi is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who is known as one-half of the hip hop duo Rae Sremmurd, alongside his younger brother Swae Lee. The duo’s discography consists of albums and tracks like SremmLife, SremmLife 2, No Flex Zone, No Type, This Could Be Us, Look Alive, By Chance, Throw Sum Mo (ft. Nicki Minaj and Young Thug), Come Get Her, Black Beatles (ft. Gucci Mane), Perplexing Pegasus, Swang, T’d Up, and others. Moreover, the duo won the BET Award for “Best Group” in 2015.
Aaquil Iben Shamon Brown
Slim Jxmmi, Slim Jimmy
Inglewood, California, United States
Encino, Los Angeles, California, United States
Slim Jxmmi did his schooling at Tupelo High School in Mississippi.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – His father abandoned their family when Slim Jxmmi was a child.
- Mother – Bernadette Walker (US Army Employee)
- Siblings – Michael Brown (Brother), Khalif Malik Ibn Shaman Brown (also known as Swae Lee) (Younger Brother) (Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer)
- Others – Floyd Sullivan (Stepfather), Floyd Jr. Sullivan (Younger Maternal Half-Brother)
Slim’s hip hop group Rae Sremmurd has been represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Hip hop, Trap, Pop
EarDrummers Entertainment, Interscope Records, SremmLife Crew
His net worth had been $9 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Unlike his younger brother Swae Lee, Slim Jxmmi has preferred to be more guarded when it comes to speaking about his love life.
The only information available about his love life was that Slim Jxmmi broke up with his girlfriend through a simple text message. The rapper attributed this method to his habit of being brutally honest, which sometimes makes him a harsh person.
Race / Ethnicity
- His Tattoos
- Flamboyant hairstyles
Best Known For
Having formed hip hop group Rae Sremmurd, with his younger brother Swae Lee. The band is best known for the popularity of their single Black Beatles, which featured at the top of music charts in several countries.
In 2015, the rapper and his younger brother Swae Lee’s rap group Rae Sremmurd released their debut studio album SremmLife. The album was an instant success and managed to reach the No.5 spot on the US Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In 2014, Slim made his TV show debut as himself in the music TV series, Revolt Live.
Slim Jxmmi Favorite Things
- Burger Restaurant – Taco Bell
- Sitcom Intro Song – Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Sport – Ping Pong
Source – USA Today
Slim Jxmmi Facts
- While growing up, his family often had to move around due to his mother’s work with the army. They left California and shifted to Mississippi, Maryland and then moved to the military base at Fort Hood, Texas.
- After his mother had met his stepfather Floyd Sullivan, they settled down in Ida Street housing projects, recognized as one of the most violent and crime-ridden neighborhoods of Tupelo, Mississippi.
- Slim Jxmmi developed a serious interest in making rap music while still in high school. They used to attend school during the day and worked on their music till late at the night.
- As he and his brother returned home late at night almost daily, their mother kicked them out of the house. They had to stay in an abandoned building for some time.
- To spread their music, they often threw parties at the abandoned building they had used as their home for a brief period.
- Slim and his brother’s potential and talent were first noticed by music producer Pierre “P-Nazty” Slaughter, who invited them to move to Atlanta. While in Atlanta, they participated in some music talent shows.
- Despite garnering positive reviews and critical appreciation while performing in Atlanta, Slim and Swae soon ran into financial difficulties, which forced them to move back to Tupelo.
- After returning to Tupelo, he and his brother took up a job at the local mattress factory to make ends meet. He often had to work at putting pillows together in grueling twelve-hour shifts.
- They rented an apartment in Tupelo where they recorded their music. The brothers had to often deal with police due to noise complaints from neighbors. Their landlord also had a problem with them after they stopped mowing his lawn.
- In August 2011, Slim Jimmy participated in the 106 & Park music competition along with his brother Swae and Andre “King Dre” Harris. They managed to finish in 2nd place.
- In his teens, he often assumed DJing duties at the parties he attended.
- Rae Sremmurd released its 2nd studio album titled SremmLife 2 on August 12, 2016, via Ear Drummer Records and Interscope Records and it includes songs like Set the Roof (ft. Lil Jon), Start a Party, Real Chill (ft. Kodak Black), Came a Long Way, Take It or Leave It, Do Yoga, and Now That I Know. Also, the album peaked at number #3 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart as well as was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- His hip hop group Rae Sremmurd started the record label SremmLife Crew Records in 2016. Slim Jimmy revealed that they wanted to support the rappers who helped them during their struggling days.
- In 2017, Slim Jxmmi got nominated under the Favourite New Artist category at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- Slim Jxmmi lost a diamond-studded chain worth $100,000 while crowd-surfing during a concert in Paris in July 2017. He offered cash price to anyone who brought the chain to the stage, but after it could not be found, the rapper had to file a police complaint ultimately.