|Sophie, Countess of Wessex Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1965|
|Spouse||Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex|
Sophie Helen Rhys-Jones
Countess of Wessex
Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between her residences in –
- Buckingham Palace, London, England, United Kingdom
- Bagshot Park, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
She studied at Dulwich Preparatory School and then attended Kent College in Pembury. After that, she trained as a secretary at West Kent College, Tonbridge.
Member of the British Royal Family
- Father – Christopher Bournes Rhys-Jones (Retired sales director for an importer of industrial tires and rubber goods)
- Mother – Mary (née O’Sullivan) (1934-2005) (Charity worker and secretary)
- Sibling – David Rhys-Jones (Older Brother)
- Others – Margaret Rhys-Jones (née Molesworth) (Grandmother), Thane Bettany (Uncle, Godfather) (Actor, Dancer, Drama Teacher), Helen (Aunt) (Died in a riding accident in 1960), Charles, Prince of Wales (Brother-In-Law), Anne, Princess Royal (Sister-In-Law), Prince Andrew, Duke of York (Brother-In-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie has dated –
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex – On January 6, 1999, her engagement with Prince Edward was announced after the duo had been dating for a while. They got married on June 19, 1999, at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle and spent their honeymoon at Balmoral Castle. They parent 2 children – Lady Louise Windsor (b. November 8, 2003) and James, Viscount Severn (b. December 17, 2007), respectively 13th and 12th in line to the British throne.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her impeccable fashion sense
- Deep-set eyes
Sophie, Countess of Wessex Facts
- She was named after her aunt Helen.
- With her marriage to Prince Edward, her title has been styled as “Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex”.
- Sophie is regarded as one of the most stylish members of the British royal family alongside Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.
- She operated her public relations agency, RJH Public Relations, with Murray Harkin, her business partner, for 5 years.
- The Countess was honored with the Sash of the Order of the Aztec Eagle, the highest Mexican order awarded to foreigners, in 2015.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0