|Style of Eye Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1979|
Style of Eye is a Swedish record producer, songwriter, and disc jockey who is hugely popular as one-half of the music duo, Galantis (2012-Present) with Christian Karlsson. The group has released chart-topping songs like Runaway (U & I), Gold Dust, Smile, Peanut Butter Jelly, Firebird, No Money, Fetish, etc.
Johan Linus Eklöw
Style of Eye, Linus
Vallentuna, Stockholm, Sweden
Record Producer, Songwriter, Disc Jockey
- Father – Gunnar Eklöw
- Mother – Gunda Andersson (Social Worker)
- Others – Olof Sigfrid David Eklöf (Paternal Grandfather), Elsa Margareta Johansson (Paternal Grandmother), Erik Arne Andersson (Maternal Grandfather), Gunda Ingegerd Tägtström (Maternal Grandmother)
Electro, Techno, House
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Atlantic Records
- Ultra Records
- Big Beat Records
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish descent.
- Tattoos on his forearms
- Usually wears an all-black outfit
He has endorsed the fashion brand ‘Yves Saint Laurent’.
Style of Eye Facts
- His childhood dream was to be a jazz drummer.
- Linus has created music for world-renowned stars like Kylie Minogue, Usher, Lily Allen, the band Miike Snow, as well as several other Swedish artists.
- He was one of the songwriters/producers on the hit song titled I Love It (2012) by the Swedish group Icona Pop in collaboration with English singer Charli XCX.
- During his high school years, he once got expelled from a music program due to unruly behavior.
- Linus grew up loving jazz music and one of his 1st albums was a vinyl record of Billy Cobham’s 1973 jazz album, Spectrum.
- He remixed the song Animal released by the band Miike Snow in 2009. His music partner Christian Karlsson has been a member of Miike Snow along with Andrew Wyatt and Pontus Winnberg since 2007.
Featured Image by Style of Eye / Instagram