|sWooZie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
sWooZie is an American-Trinidadian YouTuber, animator, comedian, and actor who is best known for his self-titled YouTube channel where his short, animated comedic clips have garnered him more than 7.5 million subscribers. Having started his channel in 2006, he is often considered as one of the pioneers in the animated storytelling genre on YouTube. He is also popular on other social media platforms with more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 550k followers on Instagram. He had won a Streamy Award in 2016 in the animation category.
Diego Martin, Trinidad and Tobago
He splits his time between –
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Orlando, Orange County, Florida, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
He holds dual nationality.
sWooZie, during his middle school days, had attended a religious private school. He then joined the public school system when he was in the 10th grade and completed his high school graduation from the West Orange High School in Orange County, Florida
YouTuber, Animator, Comedian, Actor
- Siblings – Njideka ‘Deka’ Thorne (Younger Sister)
He is represented by Creative Artists Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
He is of Trinidadian and Chinese descent.
- Slender frame
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- His friends used to call him Swoosh at high school because of his affinity for Nike-branded clothing. This reference to the brand’s logo stuck as his nickname; and he used a morphed version of that, Swoozie, as his online persona.
- While at high school, he had developed a keen interest in animation and gaming. To support his hobbies and gather funds for studying animation, he had worked as a part-time assistant at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, while still at high school. He had even applied for animation courses at the Ringling College of Art and Design (RCAD) and the California Institute of the Arts but his application was rejected by both institutions.
- After his stint at the Walt Disney World Resort, he had worked as a lifeguard at the Hard Rock Hotel. During this time, he had earned a strong reputation in the online gaming community for his success at the video game, Dead or Alive 4. He was, consequently, invited to compete in the Championship Gaming Series (CGS) by DirecTV. He had also joined the Los Angeles Complexity team for one season in the gaming-based reality series WCG Ultimate Gamer.
- sWooZie had started sharing vlogs on YouTube as a means to keep his friends and colleagues updated about his travels while he was competing in the Championship Gaming Series. His subscriber count, in his early days on the platform, received a major upshot, when he collaborated with beauty guru Michelle Phan.
- He had played a minor role in the 2017 American romantic science fiction film titled The Space Between Us. In January 2016, he had interviewed then President of the United States, Barack Obama, during a YouTube live stream.
Featured Image by sWooZie / Instagram