|TheOrionSound Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1995|
TheOrionSound is an English social media star, singer, and musician, best known for his YouTube channel of the same name, which has amassed an audience of more than 500k subscribers and more than 55 million views. He created the channel on March 10, 2011, and uploaded his 1st video on February 13, 2012, which was an original song made for the SpinTunes 4 challenge, titled You (A Valentines Stalker Song). Up until late 2016, his YouTube content consisted of Let’s Play video series, typically of video games such as World of Warcraft, Team Build, Minecraft, DC Universe Online, and many others, made interesting by his comedic or roleplay commentary. On occasion, TheOrionSound would upload song covers of well-know songs on the radio at that time, as well as creative original medleys of multiple songs made into one cohesive song, which truly showed his talent for music.
Due to popular demand, TheOrionSound released his debut EP song cover album, titled Covered Up, Vol. 1 (2015) which consisted of songs originally sung by artists and bands such as OMI, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift, Hozier, Andy Grammer, Fall Out Boy, Bastille, Twenty One Pilots, and others. After he received a lot of praise for the EP from his fanbase, he decided to release Covered Up, Vol. 2 the very next year, which also featured song covers by The Chainsmokers, Lukas Graham, The 1975, Robyn, and others. Starting in late 2016, TheOrionSound expanded his YouTube channel to include traveling vlogs, funny challenges, ukulele, and guitar tutorials, collaborations with other social media stars, as well as video game commentary on games such as Pokémon and Sims III. In 2018, he released a separate single, which was a cover of Shawn Mendes’s song In My Blood. He has also garnered a large fanbase online with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Oli attended the University of Hull in Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom, and studied psychology.
Social Media Star, Singer, Musician
TheOrionSound self-manages his career.
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele, Piano
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
TheOrionSound has dated –
- Lizzy Walton – He hasn’t spoken in-depth about his relationship with Lizzy, but it was revealed that they broke up in September 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde,’ ‘Pink,’ and ‘Red.’
- Fringe haircut
- Signature panda hat
TheOrionSound has endorsed brands such as –
- M&M Chocolate UK
- Nintendo UK
- Square Enix
Best Known For
- His video game commentary on the self-titled YouTube channel which has amassed a fanbase of more than 500k subscribers, which also included original comedic songs, medleys, and song covers on occasion
- Releasing 2 EP albums of song covers titled Covered Up, Vol. 1 (2015) and Covered Up, Vol. 2 (2016) and the cover of Shawn Mendes’ song In My Blood (2018)
As a Singer
In 2012, TheOrionSound posted his 1st song, which was an original titled You (A Valentines Stalker Song), created as the humorous entry for the SpinTunes 4 competition. In 2013, he did a similar thing and released a funny original composition, titled Turn You On (Draft). Around 2015, TheOrionSound started what he called “One Take Tuesdays” where he would create song covers of well-known songs on the radios, which led to the release of his 1st EP song cover album, titled Covered Up, Vol. 1 within the same year. The album consisted of covers of songs such as Cheerleader, Bad Blood, Stitches, Text Me In the Morning, Take Me To Church, Skinny Love, Mad World, Poison, Where Are Ü Now, Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down, Pompeii, and Tear In My Heart.
The popularity of the 1st volume led to the release of Covered Up, Vol. 2 in 2016, which consisted of covers of tracks such as 7 Years, All We Know, House of Gold, Somebody Else, Honey I’m Good, Dancing on My Own, Dazzle, I Don’t Like It, I Love It, You’re Alright, Sweater Weather, How to Save a Life, and Pity Party. In 2018, TheOrionSound also covered the song In My Blood, originally released by Shawn Mendes.
TheOrionSound Favorite Things
- YouTubers (In 2015) – HatFilms, MunchingOrange
- Music YouTubers (In 2015) – Boyce Avenue (Alejandro Manzano, Fabian Manzano, Daniel Manzano), Kurt Schneider, Max Schneider, Sarah Close
- Pokémon – Glaceon
- Singer – Liam Payne
- Activity – Skiing
- He grew up in the northeastern part of England, United Kingdom.
- He addresses his fanbase as “OliPops.”
- TheOrionSound got interested in singing in the 8th year of school when he attended a singing talent competition. He sang Happy Ending by Mika and got a 6/10 score.
- TheOrionSound was a pianist in a band during school but got kicked out eventually.
- He came up with the “Orion” part of his name completely by accident. When he was 14 or 15 old, and in secondary school at a math class, he was bored and started drawing a human eye. As his mind wandered, he found himself writing “Orion” under the drawing of the eye. When it was time for him to create a YouTube channel in 2012, the word instantly popped up in his mind and he decided to use it.
- TheOrionSound’s initial goal was to make only music on YouTube, but his channel blew up after his Minecraft video game commentary so he started diversifying his content.
- His YouTube avatar is a cartoon version of him with a panda hat. The image is based on his real-life appearance wearing a panda hat he bought in Beijing, China. He bartered with the seller and got the price down from £10 to £1.
- TheOrionSound has fanfiction written about him and the social media stars he collaborated with on the popular writing platform Wattpad. One year, he himself forced his friends to re-enact erotic fanfiction that he had written for Halloween.
- He has his own online store, OliPop Shop, through which he sells his brand of merchandise.
- The 1st thing he notices about a girl is her eyes.
- In 2017, he took a trip to Rome, Italy, and visited the worldwide recognized landmark, the Colosseum.
Featured Image by TheOrionSound / Instagram