|Theresa May Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1956|
Theresa May is a well respected British politician. She served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party from 2016 to 2019. She is the 2nd female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom after Margaret Thatcher as she identifies herself as a one-nation conservative.
Theresa Mary Brasier
The Steel Lady, Submarine May, Theresa Maybe, Teflon Theresa, The Maybot, Pry Minister, Theresa Mayhem, Theresa Dismay, The Mayfly, Theresa, the Appeaser
Eastbourne, Sussex, England, United Kingdom
Sonning, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
Theresa May studied at Heythrop Primary School in Heythrop and St. Juliana’s Convent School for Girls in Begbroke.
Later, she took up Geography at St. Hugh’s College at the University of Oxford and graduated with a BA degree in 1977.
- Father – Hubert Brasier
- Mother – Zaidee Mary
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Theresa May has dated –
- Philip May (1980-Present) – The couple married on September 6, 1980.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short cropped hair
- Sharp pointed nose
Theresa May Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Maliks Tandoori Restaurant
Source – The Guardian
Theresa May Facts
- She lost both her parents in her mid-twenties.
- She and her husband were introduced by the former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto at Oxford University Conservatives disco in 1976.
- Before joining politics, she worked at the Bank of England, and as a financial consultant for the Association for Payment Clearing Services (APACS).
- Theresa and her husband like to spend their holidays hiking in the Swiss Alps.
- Legendary cricketer Geoffrey Boycott was one of her sporting heroes.
- She loves to cook and owns more than 100 cookbooks.
- She is reputed for her love of fashion and leopard print kitten heels.
- In November 2012, she was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus of type 1 and had to inject herself with insulin daily.
- Her mantra for being a successful politician is “strong and stable leadership”.
- On July 13, 2016, she was nominated as the 76th and second female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- She has been called “Margaret Thatcher with a sense of humor” by John Cleese.
- In May 2017, she was listed as one of “The 100 Most Influential People” by TIME magazine.
- In 2018, Forbes ranked her as the 14th “Most Powerful People” on their list that consisted of 75 great names.
- During her student life, on Saturdays, she worked at a bakery to earn pocket money.
- As a student, she was ambitious and aimed at becoming the first woman prime minister of the United Kingdom.
- From May 12, 2010, to July 13, 2016, she served as the Home Secretary of the United Kingdom, making her the longest-serving home secretary of the country.
- Her guilty pleasure is a crispy bowl of chips.
- On July 20, 2016, she made her first international trip as Britain’s Prime Minister to meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
Featured Image by UK Home Office / Flickr / CC BY-2.0