|Todd Phillips Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1970|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Todd Phillips is an American director, producer, and writer who is widely recognized for having directed comedy films, including Old School (2003), Starsky & Hutch (2004), and The Hangover Trilogy (2009, 2011, and 2013). He has co-written several movies like the satirical comedy Borat (2006) that was also nominated for “Best Adapted Screenplay”. He has also co-written, directed, and produced numerous films such as the psychological thriller Joker (2019), that premiered at the 76th Venice International Film Festival where it was conferred the top prize, the Golden Lion, and that went on to fetch him Academy Award nominations for “Best Picture”, “Best Director”, and “Best Adapted Screenplay”.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
He enrolled in New York University Film School but he dropped out as he could not afford to complete his 1st movie and pay his tuition at the same time.
Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Actor
- Father – Peter Bunzl (Director & Writer)
- Mother – Lorette Phillips
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters including Jill Ginsberg
He is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Juliana Shiao (2011) – He has affirmed to have had a one-night relationship with Juliana Shiao in 2011.
- Paris Hilton (2011) – He had an encounter with model and socialite Paris Hilton.
- Alexandra Kravetz – He began dating Alexandra Kravetz in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Dreamy eyes
- Beard and mustache
He had directed comedian Tom Green in several Pepsi One commercials in 1999 and he was at the helm for a Honda advertisement in 2012 that was aired during the Super Bowl.
He was born to a family of Jewish background. When asked in an interview by the BBC in 2014 whether he believes in God, he had replied that personally he did not although he has believed in the existence of a higher power or collective energy in people that may be said to represent God.
Todd Phillips Favorite Things
- Has Enjoyed Integrating Into His Movies – Making a cameo appearance himself, typically playing bizarre or awkward characters
Source – TV Guide
Todd Phillips Facts
- He bagged the prestigious Golden Globe Award in 2009 for “Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy” for his blockbuster The Hangover.
- Todd had directed actor Joaquin Phoenix to an Oscar win for his performance in Joker.
- He had to convince the Warner Bros. executives twice to make Joker as when he had pitched his idea for the film to them, they had loved it and he had gone away and written the script. However, when it was completed, most of the executives had been replaced and so he had to put across his vision all over again, to a new set of people on board, and he had to convince them to allow it to be made. Phillips has recalled that it was a year-long process from the completion of the script to again explaining his concept to a new team and that he had faced many hurdles that he had to overcome.
Featured Image by Todd Phillips / Instagram