WayV is a Chinese boy band and the 4th overall sub-unit of the South Korean boy band NCT. WayV has been managed by SM Entertainment’s Chinese sub-label named Label V and it debuted as a septet with members – Kun, Ten, Winwin, Lucas, Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang. Over the years, the group has released a number of songs, extended pays, and albums such as Awaken the World, Take Off, Kick Back, The Vision, Take Over the Moon, Phantom, Regular (理所当然), Turn Back Time (超时空 回), Love Talk, and Moonwalk (天选之城). In addition to that, WayV has also been a recipient of various accolades including the Asia Artist Award for “Asia Celebrity Award – Music” and the MAMA Awards for “Best New Asian Artist” and “Favorite Asian Artist”.
C-pop, Mandopop, K-pop, Hip Hop, R&B
SM Entertainment, Label V
First Headlining Tour
In 2019, the boy band held its debut headlining tour titled WayV Fanmeeting Tour “Section#1: We Are Your Vision”.
- On January 17, 2019, WayV debuted with the digital extended play The Vision and it included songs like Come Back, Regular, and Dream Launch. The track Regular peaked at #9 on the Chinese QQ chart and #3 on the US World chart.
- On June 9, 2020, WayV released its debut studio album Awaken the World through Label V and SM Entertainment. Its tracklist included Turn Back Time, Bad Alive, Unbreakable, Only Human, After Midnight, Up from Here, Domino, Stand by Me, and Electric Hearts. The album peaked at #3 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #9 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at #19 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart, and at #33 on the Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart.
- WayV released its 2nd extended play titled Take Over the Moon on October 29, 2019, and it included the songs Yeah Yeah Yeah, Face to Face, King of Hearts, Love Talk, and Moonwalk. The EP peaked at #5 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #12 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #24 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart.
- The boy band made a donation on July 23, 2020, through the China Social Welfare Foundation’s charity project to help victims and front-line flood relief workers in Jiangxi and Hunan.
- WayV‘s musical influences include Jay Chou, Rihanna, Michael Jackson, Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, and Justin Bieber.
- WayV released its 3rd extended play Kick Back on March 10, 2021, via Label V and SM Entertainment and included the songs Action Figure, Good Time, Kick Back, All For Love, and Horizon. The EP peaked at #1 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #13 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart, and at #35 on the Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart.
- On December 28, 2022, WayV released its 4th extended play Phantom and it consists of songs like Diamonds Only, Good Luck, Broken Love, Phantom, Good Life, Back to You, Try My Luck, and others. It peaked at #4 on the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart and at #5 on the Japanese Combined Albums (Oricon) chart, Japanese Hot Albums (Billboard Japan) chart, and South Korean Albums (Circle) chart.
- The group has been a part of many shows like Dream Plan (少年威计划), WayVision, and WayVision 2.
- WayV has done endorsement work for various brands such as Skechers, Carslan, Cigalong Beauty, and Maeil Barista Rules.
Featured Image by Bugaboo.TV / YouTube / CC BY 3.0