|Will Champlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1983|
Will Champlin is an American singer, songwriter, and musician, best known for appearing on the 5th season of the NBC singing competition The Voice in October 2013. For his debut appearance, he performed a song Not Over You by Gavin DeGraw and judges Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton, and Adam Levine turned their chairs. That signified that they wanted to mentor him through the show, and he ultimately picked Adam. At the series’ finale, he ended up at the 3rd place, right behind Jacquie Lee and Tessanne Chin, who won the 5th season of The Voice in December 2013.
Will is also known for playing piano for the Michael Jackson‘s posthumous compilation album Michael, released in December 2010, as well as co-writing the song Wolves for the band One Direction, which ended up on their 5th studio album – Made In The A.M. (2015). He was also a winner of 2 Grammy Awards in 2010, for his songwriting skills on the album Audience of One by Heather Headley. He has released studio albums such as Will Champlin (2008), and Borrowing Trouble (2014), along with multiple singles and EPs, and made numerous guest appearances on other artists’ projects.
William Christopher Champlin
Reseda, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Will attended, and later graduated from the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – William Bradford Champlin (Singer, Songwriter, Musician)
- Mother – Tamara Champlin (Singer, Songwriter, Musician)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Kenarr Chuchian Matoesian (Maternal Grandmother), Gregor Matoesian (Maternal Grandfather)
Will Champlin is represented by –
- His own company, Bildavibe Music Group (Talent Agent, Manager) in Tarzana, California, United States
- The Society of European Stage Authors and Composers (Music Licensing and Royalties) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, Pop Rock, R&B, Soul, Americana, Indietronic
Vocals, Piano, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Banjo
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Will Champlin prefers to keep his dating history private but has disclosed that he has a wife and a daughter named Harper Champlin.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
He is of American-Armenian descent.
- Slim physique
- Unruly, wavy hair
- Stubble or full beard facial hair
- Tattoo on right arm
Will Champlin hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Being the 2nd runner-up at the NBC’s The Voice singing competition in December 2013
- His post-TV show singles Eye of the Pyramind (2014) and Last Man Standing (2014)
- His singles Indigo (2018), Picasso in My Pocket (2018), and Rebels (2018)
- Releasing 2 studio albums as of 2019 – Will Champlin (2008), and Borrowing Trouble (2014)
Will Champlin released his debut, self-titled studio album Will Champlin on January 10, 2008, under Goldmine Records, consisting of 13 singles such as Back to Yes, California, Pocket Call, Breakin’ The Rules, Downtime, One World, and others.
Will Champlin made his first feature film appearance as Craig in a family movie Only God Can in 2015.
First TV Show
Will Champlin made his first TV show appearance as a contestant in the episode Blind Auditions, Part 4 of the music show The Voice in 2013.
Will Champlin Favorite Things
- Song – Go Crazy by Prince and Revolution
Source – ElectroWow.net
Will Champlin Facts
- He grew up in a musical household, and started singing and songwriting in his early teens.
- Will calls his fanbase “The Champs”.
- In 1983, the year he was born, his parents, Bill and Tamara, performed music on-screen in a movie titled Copper Mountain.
- He managed to reach the Billboard Hot 100 list with the song At Last, originally by singer Etta James, which he sang on The Voice in 2013.
- If he weren’t a singer, he would be a producer or engineer.
- He said his daughter, Harper, who was becoming very musical, was his biggest inspiration.
- During the singing competition in November 2013, Christina Aguilera gave him a kiss on the cheek for singing a very high note. It left a bright red lipstick mark on his cheekbones for the duration of the interviews he gave after the show.
- In August 2014, Will, dared by his friends, did an “ALS Challenge”, which meant spilling a full bucket of ice-cold water on his head. It was done in support of the people that suffer from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a life debilitating disease that Stephen Hawking had, and ultimately died from.
- During his singing competition on The Voice in 2013, he sang songs from well-known singers John Newman, Bruno Mars, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Avicii, and Sam Cooke, as well as bands, Imagine Dragons and OneRepublic.
- Will released his 1st EP in 2009, titled Killing Me With Twilight, consisting of 6 songs.
- He was very connected to his grandmother that escaped the so-called Armenian Genocide time in history and came to the United States. He called her Mommo and was heartbroken after she died on June 8, 2018. She was very proud of Will’s appearance on The Voice, and he credited her for his good manners and upbringing.
- In 2017, he collaborated with a singer Tracy Merano, and they released an EP together titled Every Morning, consisting of 4 songs – Every Morning, Nobody Loves Me, See The Stars, and Not Enough.
- He often collaborated with Kurt Hugo Schneider and appeared in many of the song covers on his YouTube channel that had nearly 11.4 million subscribers as of March 2019.
- Will toured and did song-writing with Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus‘s father.
- He played keyboards and san backing vocals for the well-known rock band Poison on their tour in summer of 2018.
- Will released a special EP titled Chasing Fire in January 2019, which consisted of 5 songs – Chasing Fire, Power, Overdrive, Shake It Up, and Levee.
- In March 2019, Will announced his cover of a classic Stevie Wonder song Part-Time Lover.
- Visit his official website @ willchamplin.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Soundcloud, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Will Champlin / Instagram