|Yixing Zhang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.75 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1991|
Yixing Zhang is a Chinese singer, dancer, actor, and producer known for being a member of the popular Asian boy group, Exo. He has done endorsement work for brands like Ray-Ban, Converse, Skechers, and Samsung. He has released songs like Lose Control, Lucky One, and Love Me Right. Yixing has a huge social media fan base with more than 9 million followers on Instagram.
Lay, Little Sheep
Changsha, Hunan, China
Yixing Zhang went to the High School Attached to Hunan Normal University. He has also attended Hunan Masters College Middle School.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Dancer, Actor, Model
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Yixing Zhang is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-Pop, C-Pop, Dance-Pop, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Hulusi
- SM Entertainment
- Zhang Yixing Studio
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yixing Zhang has opted to keep his personal life firmly away from the public spotlight, which makes it very difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Han ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’ or ‘dark brown’.
- Messy hairdo
- Boyish good looks
- Yixing Zhang has used his social media activity to promote and endorse the following brands –
- Chaumet Paris
- In July 2016, he was also appointed as an ambassador by the Communist Youth League of China (CYLC).
- As a member of EXO, he has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Kolon Sport
- Nature Republic
- IVY Club
- MCM Worldwide
- Lotte World
- Lotte Duty Free
- Kangshifu Ice Tea
- Hats On
- Goobne Chicken
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular Asian boy band, Exo. The band is especially known for its strong appeal in South Korea, where it has sold more than 31 million albums. The worldwide sales of their albums are more than 50 million.
- His success as a solo artist. His debut EP, Lose Control was featured at the 4th spot on the Billboard’s US World Albums chart.
In June 2013, his music group released their first studio album, XOXO. The album sold more than 1 million copies in South Korea.
In October 2017, he released his debut solo album, Lay 02 Sheep.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Ex-Files 2: The Backup Strikes Back.
First TV Show
In 1998, Yixing Zhang made his first TV show appearance on the drama TV series, We The People.
Lay regularly tries to hit the gym. For his gym workout, he relies more on free weight exercises than machine exercises. If he can’t find time for a regular gym workout, he tries to squeeze in a short workout at home or studio.
Yixing Zhang Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Yixing Zhang Facts
- He got his first big breakthrough in 2005 as he managed to finish in the 3rd place in the local talent competition, Star Academy.
- In April 2006, he participated in the audition for the leading role in The Duke of Mount Deer. However, he wasn’t successful in his attempt.
- In 2008, he took part in the global casting auditions for SM Entertainment in Changsha. He was 16 years old at that time and after he managed to clear auditions, he was moved by the company to South Korea for training.
- Before he became a member of Exo, he performed with South Korean boy band Shinee during their World Tour. He was brought as a dance replacement of Jonghyun.
- In January 2015, he was placed on the 5th spot by Baidu on their ‘2014 Top 10 Most Popular Celebrities’ list.
- He got his big acting breakthrough after he was cast in an important role in the action adventure movie, Kung Fu Yoga (2017), which had Jackie Chan in the leading role.
- In May 2015, he established his foundation, Zhang Yixing Arts Scholarship, which aimed to provide scholarships to the students studying at his alma mater Hunan Masters College Middle School.
- He became a part of Summit of Hope in September 2015, which was campus-based public welfare project that used soccer to reach its goals.
- In September 2015, he also published his autobiography, Standing Firm at 24, which was a huge commercial success and went on to break several online records.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by XING comma HUN / Tistory / CC BY-4.0