Kapoor was born on 3 March, 1989
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kapoor attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Juhu, Mumbai. Then, she enrolled herself at Boston University to study theatre. But, she quit her studies during freshman year (or first year) in order to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Shakti Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Shivangi Kapoor (née Kohlapure)
- Siblings - Siddhanth Kapoor (Former Disc Jockey turned assistant director turned actor)
- Others – Padmini Kolhapure (Aunt) (Actress)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Shraddha dated –
- Vanraj Zaveri – Vanraj is a son of a businessman, who owns and runs various jewellery shops in the country. He is also Kapoor’s childhood friend. As they used to remain together most of the times, they started dating. Their relationship went quite long, more than 5 years. Vanraj used to support her as an actress. He even travelled to Boston University, where she studied for couple of months, just to meet her. But, this relationship came to end, when she returned to back to India to start a career in acting.
- Aditya Roy Kapur (2012-Present) – She is rumored to be dating her Aashiqui 2 co-star, Aditya Roy Kapur (who served as a former VJ for Channel V). The duo is seen romancing together in the city.
32-25-35 in or 81-63.5-89 cm
Her shoe size is not known. But, according to her fans, she wears s shoe of size 7.
Cosmetic giant Lakme (June 2013)
Best Known For
Acting in the film, Aashiqui 2 as Arohi Keshav Shirke in 2013.
She debuted with 2010 Bollywood film, Teen Patti for her role as Aparna Khanna (or Apu). She was also nominated for “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut”.
But, she became widely known after her third film achieved great success on the box office, Aashiqui 2.
2013 Bollywood romantic musical drama film, Aashiqui 2 for her role as Arohi Keshav Shirke. She was in lead role in the film as the love interest of Aditya Roy Kapoor (who portrayed the role of Rahul Jaykar). Her work was immensely appreciated by the critics.
First TV Show
She has not appeared in any of the television series, other than guest appearances on various talk shows.
Shraddha thanks her parents for the amazing genes, due to which she is able to get such a fantastic figure. For the movie, Aashiqui 2, she went on a special diet also. The actress was though sad about that. She had to skip her favorite foods. She tweeted –
“Gymming shuru…favorite khaana band. Kuch paane ke liye, kuch khona padta hai. Booohoooo phir thoda rona padta hai.”
On asking about her workout regime, she just revealed that she goes to gym for exercises and eats a special diet to maintain that slim-trim frame.
Shraddha Favourite Things
- Movie – Pyaasa, Titanic, The Notebook
- She went famous with her third film, Aashiqui 2, which was a hit on the box office.
- Her father, Shakti Kapoor is reminded off of Waheeda, and Madhubala as he sees his daughter Shraddha in action.
- In 2012, she had won “Stardust Searchlight Award For Best Actress” for the movie “Luv Ka The End”.
- She has been featured in the 2013 romantic comedy film, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein directed by Punit Malhotra.
- On asking what she would be, if she weren’t an actress, she revealed to Filmfare magazine, “Frankly, I have no idea. Coming from a filmi background (her dad is Shakti Kapor and aunt Padmini Kolhapure), I was always inclined towards films and it all just fell into place.”
- Follow her on Twitter and catch the updates on Facebook.