|21 Savage Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
21 Savage is an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer who initially gained acclaim with the release of his mixtape The Slaughter Tape in 2015 and then worked as a featured artist in Post Malone‘s 2017 song, Rockstar. Over the years, he has worked on multiple albums, EPs, and songs which include Issa Album, Slaughter King, I Am > I Was, Red Opps, Bank Account, A Lot (featuring J. Cole), and Monster (featuring Childish Gambino). In 2020, he won the Grammy Award for “Best Rap Song” for A Lot (with J. Cole) while his 2nd studio album, I Am > I Was, was nominated for a Grammy in the “Best Rap Album” category.
Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph
21 Savage, The Slaughter King
Newham Hospital, Plaistow, London, England, United Kingdom
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
21 Savage went to the Stone Mountain Middle School. However, he was expelled in 7th grade after he brought a gun to the school. Due to the gun offense and another incident, in which he was caught with a girl on the school bus, he was expelled from all Dekalb County schools.
He was also enrolled at the South Gwinnett High School.
Rapper, songwriter, and record producer
- Father – Kevin Cornelius Emmons (Has worked for Westminster City Council)
- Mother – Heather Carmillia Joseph
- Siblings – He has 6 sisters and 4 brothers. His younger brothers, Quantivayus and Terrell Davis were killed in the shooting and stabbing respectively.
- Others – Young Nudy (Cousin) (Rapper, Record Producer)
21 Savage has been represented by United Talent Agency.
Hip hop, trap
5 ft 11.5 in or 181.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
21 Savage has dated –
- Rubi Rose (2015) – In the summer of 2015, model Rubi Rose and 21 Savage were romancing together.
- Tommie Lee (2016) – In the summer of 2016, 21 Savage started dating American reality TV star, Tommie Lee. They remained together until the end of the year.
- Amber Rose (2017-2018) – In June 2017, 21 Savage started dating socialite, actress, and model, Amber Rose. They spent a long time together and separated in March 2018.
- Shenseea (2019) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Jamaican singer Shenseea in October 2019.
Note – He has revealed in his interview with The Fader magazine that he has two kids.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dominican descent on his mother’s side and has Haitian roots on his father’s side.
- Loves to wear gold or diamond crusted jewelry
He practices Ifá, which is also known as the Yoruba religion.
This religion is predominantly followed by the Yoruba community of Nigeria.
Best Known For
- The success of his second extended play, Savage Mode
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as Drake, Gucci Mane, and Lil Yachty
On July 7, 2017, he released his debut studio album, Issa Album, which included tracks such as Bank Account, Famous, Numb, Bad Business, Money Convo, Special, and Thug Life. The album peaked at number #2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, US Billboard 200 chart, and US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart and was certified ‘Platinum’ by both Canada (Music Canada) and United States (RIAA).
First TV Show
In 2016, he made his TV show debut in an episode of the talk show, Verified.
21 Savage Favorite Things
- Role Model – Gucci Mane
Source – Capital Xtra
21 Savage Facts
- Once, he had taken a gun to school in 7th grade because a group of students had threatened to beat him.
- In 2013, on the eve of his 21st birthday, he was shot 6 times. He nearly died due to blood loss as one of the bullets hit him in the neck. His best friend got killed during the shooting.
- While in school, he got involved in a lot of illegal activities. He used to sell weed and crack and also used to be a part of robberies.
- His debut extended play, Free Guwop, was his tribute to Gucci Mane.
- Some members of his crew, The Slaughter Gang, have got number 21 tattooed on their bodies. The number 21 refers to the block 21 Savage and some of his crew members grew up in.
- At the end of 2016, he got involved in a feud with rapper Tyga after he had expressed his love for Tyga’s then-girlfriend and social media star, Kylie Jenner.
- Savage has got a tattoo of a dagger right between his eyes to honor the memory of his dead younger brother, Quantivayus. Quantivayus had got a similar tattoo done.
- Savage doesn’t like flying around. He is always afraid that the airplane might get hijacked.
- While growing up, he was expelled from a number of schools. He was eventually placed in juvenile detention.
- In July 2015, 21 Savage dropped his debut extended play, Free Guwop, while his debut mixtape, The Slaughter Tape, was released in May 2015 on iTunes.
- He had used only a microphone and Macbook to make his debut mixtape, The Slaughter Tape.
- In 2016, the prestigious hip-hop magazine XXL included him in the Freshman Class of 2016. The other names on the list included Desiigner, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, and Lil Dicky.
- In October 2016, he was handed 10 days of community service, in which he had to wash police cars and cut community grass after he was caught driving without a license for the third time.
- Savage loves guns. He first saw the gun, which was a .38 revolver, when he was 8 years old. It was shown by his uncle, who then taught him the uses and dangers of a firearm.
- In 2014, the Atlanta Police Department recovered marijuana, two firearms, and an unlabeled bottle of opioid hydrocodone from the car Savage was traveling in as a passenger.
- He has got the name of his mother tattooed on his stomach. He has also got Jason and Freddy inked amongst clouds on his chest. Both of them were his best friends and were killed in a shootout.
- In November 2020, 21 Savage’s younger brother, Terrell Davis was killed during a stabbing in London.
- In October 2022, 21 Savage and Drake Graham released a joint studio album titled Her Loss. The album debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
- In November 2022, 21 Savage and Drake were sued for $4 million by Vogue magazine’s parent company, Condé Nast, after the duo did a series of “fake” interviews and created a few “fake” magazine covers to promote their new album, Her Loss.
- Visit his official website @ 21savage.com.