|Aarthi Agarwal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1984|
|Date of Death||June 6, 2015|
Aarthi Agarwal was an American actress who worked predominantly in Telugu cinema as well as appeared in Tamil and Hindi language films. An actress of Indian descent, she was cast in movies like Brahmalokam To Yamalokam Via Bhulokam, Palnati Brahmanayudu, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Nuvvu Leka Nenu Lenu, Indra, Bambara Kannaley, Veede, Bobby, Adavi Ramudu, Nee Sneham, Posani Gentleman, and Vanakanya Wonder Veerudu. Aarthi Agarwal also became one of the few non-Telugu speaking actresses to work with noted Indian film stars Chiranjeevi, Nandamuri Balakrishna, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Prabhas, Mahesh Babu, Ravi Teja, and Jr. NTR.
She was born on March 5, 1984.
On June 6, 2015, Aarthi Agarwal passed away following a cardiac arrest at the age of 31 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States.
New Jersey, United States
- Father – Shashank Agarwal (Worked in the hotel business)
- Mother – Veema Agarwal (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Aditi Agarwal (Younger Sister) (Actress), Akash Agarwal (Brother) (Businessman)
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aarthi Agarwal had dated –
- Tasval Kumar (2007-2009) – She got married to a software engineer named Tasval Kumar in the year 2007 but their marriage ended soon after in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Aarthi Agarwal was of Gujarati descent.
Aarthi Agarwal Facts
- She was 14 years old when actor Sunil Shetty spotted her and invited her to dance on stage in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. After that, he advised her father to encourage Aarthi to take up acting in Bollywood.
- Aarthi Agarwal made her film debut by playing the role of Roma Pinto in the 2001 Indian Hindi language romance film, Paagalpan. She was just 16 years old at that time.
- Her first Telugu film role was playing Nandini “Nandu” in the 2001 romantic comedy film, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, which received the state-presented Akkineni Award for “Best Home-viewing Feature Film”.
- In 2002, Aarthi co-starred as Krishna Veni in the Telugu-language romantic film, Nuvvu Leka Nenu Lenu (English: Without You, I Am Not There). This performance got her nominated for a Filmfare Award for “Best Telugu Actress”.
- She appeared as Snehalatha Reddy in the action-drama film, Indra, in 2002 and this role won her the CineMAA Award for “Best Actress” while she was also nominated for a Filmfare Award in the “Best Telugu Actress” category.
- The Hindu reported in 2005 that Aarthi Agarwal had attempted suicide after she was hospitalized with internal head injuries at Apollo Hospital, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, and put on ventilator support.
- She struggled with obesity during her later years and had undergone liposuction surgery 6 weeks prior to her death.
- Aarthi Agarwal was pronounced dead on arrival at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey on June 6, 2015. She also suffered from severe breathing problems before her death and was living with her parents in Egg Harbor Township in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.