|Aldis Hodge Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1986|
Aldis Hodge is an American actor and voice artist, best known for his television role of Alec Hardison in the TNT series Leverage (2008-2012), as well as his film roles of Raymond in Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995), Mc Ren in Straight Outta Compton (2015), and Levi Jackson in Hidden Figures (2016). Aldis had notable roles in TV series such as American Dreams (2003), Girlfriends (2004-2006), Friday Night Lights (2006-2007), Underground (2016-2017), and TURN: Washington’s Spies (2014-2017). He is also known for smaller, but prominent roles in Pacific Blue (1999-2000), Any Day Now (2000), Judging Amy (2000), City of Angels (2000), and Charmed (2002).
In 2003, Aldis guest starred in TV series Cold Case, as well as in Bones (2006), Supernatural (2007), Castle (2009), The Chicago Code (2011), Rectify (2014), The Blacklist (2017), and Black Mirror (2017). He is also recognized as a film actor for Bed of Roses (1996), The Ladykillers (2004), The Tenants (2005), Edmond (2005), Red Sands (2009), Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016), Brian Banks (2018), and What Men Want (2019). In 2019, he starred as Anthony Woods in the movie Clemency and was chosen to play Decourcy Ward in the TV series City on a Hill. Aldis Hodge has amassed a large fanbase on social media, with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Aldis Alexander Basil Hodge
Onslow County, North Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Aldis attended ArtCenter College of Design in Pasadena, California, United States.
Actor, Voice Artist
- Father – Aldis Basil Hodge (U.S. Marine Corps Soldier)
- Mother – Yolette Evangeline Richardson (U.S. Marine Corps Soldier)
- Siblings – Edwin Hodge (Older Brother) (Actor), Briana Hodge (Younger Sister)
- Others – Edwin Basil Hodge (Paternal Grandfather), Margarita Valeria Thomas (Paternal Grandmother), Ferdinand Thomas (Paternal Grand-Grandfather), Mary Evangeline Jennings (Paternal Grand-Grandmother)
Aldis Hodge is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent, Commercial) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Priluck Company (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty (CESD) (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- 42West (Publicist) in New York, New York, United States
- Ziffren Brittenham (Legal Representative) in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aldis Hodge has kept his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Hispanic)
He is of African-American, Dominican, and Virgin Islander descent.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Short afro hair
- Bright white teeth
Aldis Hodge has endorsed brands such as –
- Vacheron Constantin (2017)
- Greubel Forsey (2017)
- AnaMartinsPR (2017)
- BOVET 1822 (2017)
- Romain Gauthier (2017)
- Padé Vavra (2018)
- M.COHEN (2018)
- Martell (2018)
- Montres Breguet (2018)
- AkriviA (2018)
- PORTSV (2019)
- Bulleit (2019)
- Ciroc (2019)
Aldis Hodge appeared in TV commercials for –
- Taco Bell (2010)
- State Farm (2011) alongside LeBron James
Aldis Hodge did a print job for the Essence magazine with his brother Edwin in 1989. He also supported a charity campaign named This Shirt Saves Lives for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in 2018.
Best Known For
- His roles in TV series Friday Night Lights (2006-2007), Leverage (2008-2012), Underground (2016-2017), and TURN: Washington’s Spies (2014-2017)
- Starring in movies such as Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995), Bed of Roses (1996), Edmond (2005), Equal Opportunity (2007), Straight Outta Compton (2015), Hidden Figures (2016), Brian Banks (2018), What Men Want (2019), and Clemency (2019)
Aldis Hodge made his first theatrical film appearance as Raymond in the action-adventure Die Hard: With a Vengeance in 1995. Actors in lead roles were Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeremy Irons.
First Web Show
Aldis Hodge made his first web show appearance as Party Attendee in an episode of the comedy series That Guy in 2013.
First TV Show
Aldis Hodge made his first TV show appearance as Reggie in an episode titled Family Affair of the comedy series Between Brothers in 1997.
Judging by his athletic physique, Aldis began working early in his life, first to stay in shape, and when he became an actor, to prepare for physically-intensive roles. In an interview, he shared that while filming, he tries to work out as often and as intensively as possible. A typical workout of his consists of 1.5-hour to 3-hour workout, where he focuses on 1 or 2 main muscle groups, such as the back, legs, or chest/biceps, and then finish with a core set for abdominals.
As for diet, he gets his proteins primarily from lean meat and seafood and enjoys cooking at home. He tries to keep his vitamin intake regular and high, but preferably in the form of shakes of mixed fruits and vegetables. Aldis said that cheat meals aren’t his thing and that he eats for results, so clean, a healthy diet becomes what he craves. He added that he has no sugar cravings because he doesn’t want to ruin all of the hard work by binging on donuts and other sugar-packed foods.
Aldis Hodge Favorite Things
- Interests – Painting, Watch Design, Writing, Performing Music, Working Out
- People – Martin Luther King Jr., Aretha Franklin, Kevin Bacon, Regina King, Nipsey Hussle, John Singleton, Barack Obama
- Personal Quote – “My goal is euphoria. My route is creativity. My method is utter madness.”
Aldis Hodge Facts
- As a child, Aldis played both violin and clarinet. In his late teens and as an adult, he began focusing on violin.
- Aldis purchased his 1st violin when he was 18 years old.
- He was credited for borrowing his voice to a pedestrian in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in 2004.
- Aldis got the role of Alec Hardison in the TV series Leverage (2008-2012) on his 21st birthday. In 2010, he was nominated for a Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actor on Television” for his performance.
- He was one of 2 actors to play 2 different roles in 2 different Die Hard films alongside Anthony Peck. Those were Raymond in Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995), and CIA Ops Officer Lt. Foxy in A Good Day to Die Hard (2013).
- Aldis won a Black Film Critics Circle Award in 2015 for “Best Ensemble” in the movie Straight Outta Compton (2015) shared with O’Shea Jackson Jr. (son of Ice Cube), and 4 other actors.
- He played a character of Captain Anthony Espin in the movie Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) that featured Tom Cruise, Cobie Smulders, and Danika Yarosh in lead roles.
- Aldis won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2017 for “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture” in the movie Hidden Figures (2016) alongside Mahershala Ali, Kirsten Dunst, Jim Parsons, and Taraji P. Henson.
- He admitted having steamy s*x scenes with Taraji P. Henson in Hidden Figures was awkward at first. Aldis said that the director’s guidance helped them finish them in 1 to 2 takes.
- Aldis was credited as the voice artist for Correy Harris in the video game NBA 2K19.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alex Black / get.google.com / CC BY-3.0