|Angus McLaren Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1988|
Angus McLaren is an Australian actor, best known for the role of Nathan Rafter in the TV series Packed to the Rafters from 2008 to 2013 for over 110 episodes during 6 seasons, as well as the recurring role of Lewis McCartney in the series H2O: Just Add Water (2006-2010). He started his career with the role of Jason Cassidy in ABC TV series Something in the Air in 2000 and 2001, and continued with roles in series Worst Best Friends (2002), Neighbours (2002-2003), The Saddle Club (2003), Silversun (2004), Blue Heelers (2003-2005), Doctor Doctor (2017), 600 Bottles of Wine (2017), and joined the cast of drama-romance series Home and Away in 2018. Angus’s film roles were mainly in short or feature-films such as Court of Lonely Royals (2006), Sunset Over Water (2009), Quietus (2012), Waiting Room (2014), Quartermaine (2016), Crumbs (2017). His major movie roles were in comedy-drama The Merger (2018) as Carpet Burn and Hotel Mumbai (2018) as Eddie.
Wonthaggi, South Gippy, Leongatha, Victoria, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
For his high school education, Angus attended Mary Mackillop College Leongatha in Leongatha, Victoria, Australia.
He then enrolled in the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) in Perth, Western Australia, and studied in their Bachelor of Arts acting program.
- Mother – Kerena McLaren
- Siblings – Aidan McLaren (Brother)
- Others – Rumi (Nephew)
Angus McLaren is represented by Shanahan Management (Talent Agent) in Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia, and Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia.
Vocals, Drums, Guitar, Bass Guitar
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Angus McLaren has dated –
- Indiana Evans (2009-2012) – His most prominent relationship was a very public one, with the fellow actress, Indiana Evans, who he started dating around January 2009, after she appeared as Angus’s co-star as a character Isabella Hartley on the H2O: Just Add Water TV series. They were in a long-term relationship until 2012, when they decided to go their separate ways.
- Anneliese Apps (2017-Present) – Angus is currently dating actress and writer Anneliese Apps. They were co-stars in Quartermaine, a short adventure-history film in 2016, which is possibly where they met. Their relationship can be traced back to June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Angus McLaren is of Australian descent.
- Short quiff or slicked-back haircut
- Often wears a full beard facial hair
- Tall, athletic physique
- Thin eyebrows
- Deep voice
Best Known For
- Starring in the sci-fi series Silversun (2004) as Degenhardt Bell
- Having the role of Jason Cassidy in Something in the Air between 2000 and 2001
- Playing the character of Nathan Rafter in Packed to the Rafters (2008-2013)
- Starring in H2O: Just Add Water TV series as Lewis McCartney from 2006 to 2010
- Becoming a prominent cast member of Home and Away TV series in 2018
As a Singer
In February 2018, he played the guitar and sang a song A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke at the NYE on the Hill festival that takes place at his family’s farm in Wonthaggi village in Australia. Angus was also a drummer for the Rapids, a Sydney-based indie band, and a bass guitarist for the punk band Bogey Lowenstein.
Angus McLaren made his first theatrical film appearance with the uncredited role of St. Louis murder victim in the Hong Kong fantasy-horror Double Vision in 2002.
Later in 2018, he made his theatrical film debut in The Merger in a credited role of Carpet Burn.
First TV Show
Angus McLaren made his first TV show appearance as Jason Cassidy on the drama series Something in the Air in 2000.
Angus works out regularly, both in the gym and by doing physically intensive labor at the farm when he’s at home. His workouts consist of both high reps when it comes to deltoids, biceps, and triceps, as well as compound movements such as squats and deadlifts. He is very passionate about cardio, and tries to do as much hiking and riding the bicycle through nature as he can in order to stay in shape.
As for his diet, he hasn’t shared a lot with his followers, but because he was raised on a farm, it definitely consists of a lot of proteins derived from meat in combination with salads and vegetables.
Angus McLaren Favorite Things
- Activity – Farmwork, Swimming, Traveling, Riding A Bike And Motorcycle
- Sugar Food – Cotton Candy
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Angus McLaren Facts
- He began his acting career with no previous experience because of a very impressive audition he made for the ABC series Something in the Air in 2000. He was later cast for 7 episodes of the series as a character Jason Cassidy in 2000 and 2001.
- Angus starred in numerous amateur and school productions at the Leongatha Lyric Theatre in Leongatha, Victoria, Australia.
- His co-stars in H20: Just Add Water (2006) TV series were Cariba Heine, Claire Holt, Luke Mitchell, and Phoebe Tonkin, who played Cleo, Angus’s girlfriend in the series.
- In 2013 and 2014, he attended various master classes in Los Angeles, California, as well as New York City, New York, along with Sydney and Melbourne, Australia, in order to hone his acting skills by learning from the world’s best actors and drama teachers.
- He grew up on a farm near the town Wonthaggi, and its land later became the home of 2 music festivals – NYE on the Hill and The Hills Are Alive.
- In his graduating year at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts in Perth, Western Australia, he had the role of Caius Marcius or Coriolanus in the play based on Shakespeare’s tragedy of the same name.
- For his role of William Graham in Quartermaine (2016), a short adventure-history film, Angus received the Channel 9 Best Actor Award at the WA Screen Academy Awards in 2016. Angus also hosted the event the next year in September 2017.
- After Angus was finished with filming Packed to the Rafters TV series in 2012, and before he started the new season, he took the chance to fulfill his passion and travel abroad. He visited Scotland, France, the United States, and even went backpacking in South America with his brother Aidan McLaren.
- In June 2018, Angus announced that the filming for the comedy-romance The Naked Wanderer was finished, and the film was set to premiere in 2019. Actors John Cleese, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, and Callan Durlik were the part of the main cast.
- On March 13, 2019, he began teaching film audition technique and giving acting classes at The Hub Studio in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, with the hope of providing an opportunity for current and upcoming actors to get a chance to learn from his experience.
- Visit his official website and blog @ mrangusmclaren.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Angus McLaren / Instagram