|Annaleigh Ashford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1985|
Annaleigh Ashford is an American actor, singer, dancer, and voice actor who is known for her television roles like playing Betty DiMello in the Showtime period drama series Masters of S*x, Shelly Rozansky in the comedy-drama series Younger, Elizabeth Cote in the FX crime anthology show The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, Gina Dabrowski in the CBS sitcom B Positive, Lily in the true-crime miniseries Unbelievable, Paula Jones in the FX true-crime anthology show Impeachment: American Crime Story, and Roisin Orbinson in the legal drama show The Good Fight. Moreover, she is also known for her work on Broadway as Lauren in Kinky Boots (2013-2014) and her Tony Award-winning performance as Essie Carmichael in You Can’t Take it With You (2014-2015).
Annaleigh Amanda Swanson
Denver, Colorado, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Annaleigh Ashford took dance lessons at Kit Andrée’s Dance and Performing Arts Center and graduated from Wheat Ridge High School.
Afterward, she got enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College and received a degree in theatre.
Actor, Singer, Dancer, Voice Actor
- Father – Chris Swanson (Small-Business Owner)
- Mother – Holli Swanson (Elementary School Gym Teacher)
- Others – Peter H. Swanson (Paternal Grandfather), Penelope Susan Leader (Paternal Grandmother), Norman W. Ashford (Maternal Grandfather), Carol Jean Ahlstrom (Maternal Grandmother)
Annaleigh Ashford has been signed with Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
Easy Listening, Disco, Pop, Broadway
Broadway Records, Independent Artist
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annaleigh Ashford has dated –
- Joe Tapper (2007-Present) – She started going out with actor Joe Tapper in October 2007 and they got married at the Devil’s Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colorado on July 29, 2013. People magazine announced on May 11, 2016, that Ashford was pregnant with their first child, a boy. On September 8, 2016, the couple welcomed their son named Jack Clark Tapper.
Race / Ethnicity
Annaleigh Ashford is of Swedish, Irish, Bohemian Czech, German, and English descent.
Annaleigh Ashford Facts
- When she was 6 years old, she participated in Kids Cross Country and track. Annaleigh later realized that she hated running and was more interested in the race uniforms than the actual races.
- During her time at Marymount Manhattan College, she was cast as Rosa Bud in The Mystery of Edwin Drood and as Emma in Tell Me on a Sunday.
- Annaleigh Ashford made her first theatrical film appearance as Spoiled Label Queen in the 2008 romantic comedy film S*x and the City.
- As a voice actor, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to the character of Troll in the 2013 computer-animated musical fantasy film Frozen.
- On November 13, 2015, Annaleigh released her debut album titled Lost in the Stars: Live at 54 Below and it included songs like Donna Summer Medley, Overtune, Someone Like You/Crazy, Hand In My Pocket, For Good, and Come Rain or Come Shine. The album was nominated for 2 MAC Awards.
- From 2018 to 2019, she played the recurring role of Fliss in the fantasy comedy-drama series God Friended Me.
- Alongside Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Geraldine Viswanathan, Alex Wolff, and others, Annaleigh Ashford co-starred as Jenny Aquila, a district clerk, in the 2019 crime drama film Bad Education.
- She has been diagnosed with celiac disease so she follows a strict gluten-free diet.
Featured Image by iDominick / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0