|Ashley McBryde Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1983|
Ashley McBryde is a Grammy-nominated American country singer and songwriter who is best known for the release of her debut album Girl Going Nowhere in March 2018. She is also known for being listed as Rolling Stone‘s Artists You Need To Know. Ashley has also released many hit singles like A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega (2017) and Girl Goin’ Nowhere (2019).
Mammoth Spring, Arkansas, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Ashley McBryde graduated with a major in music from Arkansas State University.
- Father – William C. McBryde (Physician, Preacher)
- Mother – Martha A. Wilkins
- Siblings – William Clayton McBryde, Jr. (Older Brother) (d. June 20, 2018), Aubrie McBryde (Sister), Dan McBryde (Brother)
Ashley is represented by –
- Q Prime Inc
- Mary Moyer from Q Prime – Press Contact
- Lane Wilson from Morris Endeavor Entertainment LLC – Booking Agent
Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashley prefers not to speak about the romantic side of her life in public.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Tattooed arms
- A streak of white hair
Best Known For
- Being nominated for a Grammy Award for the release of her album Girl Going Nowhere in 2018
- The hit single A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega that was listed in The New York Times “54 Best Songs of 2017” list and Rolling Stone‘s “Top 25 Best Country Songs of 2017” list
Ashley released her first album titled Girl Going Nowhere on March 30, 2018. It consisted of 11 songs in total like Radioland, The Jacket, El Dorado, and Home Sweet Highway. The album was produced by Jay Joyce.
First TV Show
She made her debut TV show appearance as a musical guest in the Late Night with Seth Meyers in 2018.
Ashley McBryde Favorite Things
- Patty Griffin Song – Up To The Mountain (2007)
- Tattoo Artist – Nancy Miller
Source – Rolling Stone, TheBoot.com
Ashley McBryde Facts
- She was born and raised in Arkansas. Later, in 2007, she shifted to Nashville, Tennesee to shed light on her musical passion.
- Ashley was barely 3 years old when she tried to play her father’s guitar for the first time. After that, she would always want to play the guitar despite being told not to touch it. Leaving her parents no choice, she finally got them to buy her a guitar of her own.
- By the age of 12, Ashley had already begun writing music. The first song she wrote was titled Fight The Flames.
- In 2009 and 2010, she won the annual Country Showdown contest.
- Ashley spent most of her early days resenting her father William for not having spent much time with her.
- She grew up listening to The Beatles and music artists Pat Benatar and Haggard.
- Ashley is a specialist at the French Horn.
- In school, she led her school band.
- Growing up, Ashley wanted to be a pilot as well as a teacher.
- The first place, she ever performed was at the Center Ridge in Arkansas during the Wooten Bluegrass Festival.
- Prior to becoming famous, she worked as a security guard.
- She is a huge fan of singer-songwriter Patty Griffin.
- As a child, Ashley went through a troubled phase for a year and a half. At that time, all she wanted to drink was a hard-surface cleaner called Windex.
- In 2017, she was badly stung by a wasp on her lip.
- For 15 years, Ashley went around giving performances at temporary places such as sports bars and roadhouses.
- In September 2017, she signed up with Warner Bros. Records Nashville.
- The New York Times listed her song A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega in their “54 Best Songs of 2017” list. The same year, even Rolling Stone also placed the song in their “Top 25 Best Country Songs of 2017” list.
- On June 20, 2018, Ashley lost her older brother Clayton. The cause of his death was not revealed in public.
- Short Mountain Distillery once gave her a Tennesee Bourbon with her name printed on the bottom.
- Ashley is very fond of animals especially dogs. She has several of her own.
- In the past, she got an Eagle tattooed on to her chest to psyche herself up to walk the red carpet.
- Her least favorite tattoo is a “fat baby devil in a bikini that’s a tramp stamp.” She got the tattoo done when she was 18 years old.
- Ashley loves listening to singer-songwriter Gloria Estefan and the band Miami Sound Machine.
- She is often compared to singer-songwriter Bonnie Raitt because of the white streak that falls in front just as Bonnie’s. However, Ashley’s hair turned grey when she was 24 years old.
- Ashley enjoys sipping on Tennesse Whiskey.
- She has opened for various artists including Chris Stapleton.
- Ashley’s band consists of guitarist Andrew Sovine, drummer Quinn Hill, and bassist Chris Sancho, guitarist and mandolinist Chris Harris.
- Alongside Kane Brown and Sarah Hyland, Ashley co-hosted the 2020 CMT Music Awards.
- Visit her official website @ ashleymcbryde.com.
Featured Image by Andrew Sovine / Instagram